PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Texan shot shell loaders?

famdoc2892
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
We're looking for manuals for Texan loaders Model FW, GT and Loadmaster. Found these well-made old single-stage loaders at a bargain, but need help setting them up. Please forgive, as this is not directly related to casting, but I've come to expect our members here know more than most others about bringing the old ways to life! I appreciate any help you can provide!

Sitsinhedges
06-30-2012, 03:06 AM
I have an FW and setting it up is no different to any single stage reloader to be honest.

famdoc2892
06-30-2012, 10:51 AM
You're probably correct, but you're talking to someone that has never done it. If you can imagine setting up a press for the first time without a manual or a father/grandfather/uncle/brother to show you the right way, then you'll have a pretty clear picture of my situation!

slim1836
09-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I too have a Texan Loadmaster with bushings for 12 and 20 gauge. I would like to set it up for the 20 as I recently got an MEC at a garage sale.

I have never loaded shotshell, gotta get my feet wet, just reading up on the subject.

Need to find a manual for the Texan. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Slim

Fishman
09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Skeetx is a member here and uses Texan presses. He may be able to help you out.