PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 336 Lever Stuck Foward Help!!

Griffin1183
04-26-2007, 05:05 PM
First time User of this forum and it looks like people know there stuff. i searched this but could not find anything. I just got a Marlin 336 30-30 form my dad. When i go to rock the lever foward to the must extreme point to open the bold it gets stuck to the point i cant bring it back down to load. I think it is the pin in the carrier rocker? Is this normal? What can I do?

dnepr
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I have been told that this is a common problem with the 336's when they get worn. My .444 does this every once in a while . Something gets worn in the action and for the life of me I can't remeber what. Cleanliness helps. My marlin hasn't done this trick in a while and I think keeping it clean is why but I can't prove it. last time mine did this to me I was cycling a new round into the chamber after shooting a deer, she bound up solid, good thing the first shot was all I needed. I wiggled the lever for a while to get it to cycle so I could carry it in the vehicle legally in a vehicle.

Griffin1183
04-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for your post. I hope someone can pin point it. It's something that bothers me. I don't want to be stuck one day when i can not reload.

35remington
04-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I presume this is with a round in the magazine? The round in the mag protrudes (gets past the cutoff on the carrier or lifter) and prevents its upward movement.

To unjam: poke the round in the mag back in by pushing a blunt object thru the loading port and shove it forward. Don't ding the primer. Now the lever can move.

Look at the screw on the bottom of the rifle, forward of the lever on the bottom of the receiver. Make sure it is tight. Also check the screw by the loading gate. These screws, if loose, are the two major contributors to this kind of jam. Medium strength locktite on these when they are snug is a good idea. Screws are always working loose on a levergun.

crazy mark
04-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Go to http://www.marlinowners.com and they have all sorts of info on the dreaded Marlin jam. Good bunch of guys there that know Marlins in and out. Tomray works for Marlin. Mark

Griffin1183
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the help! No the jam happens when there are not loads in the gun just moving th lever