PDA

View Full Version : deforming gas checks

Brittany
06-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I have started casting 22 boolets, which seems to be working well. When I go to resize them and put the gas check on I am getting a buildup of lube in the bottom of the resizer die which seems to deform the bottom of the gas check.

I have started reloading again after a few years of not, my 357 and 44 mag are ok, but the 22 cal is new to me and I can`t seem to figure this problem out, without cleaning out the excess lube with a Q tip.

Charlie [smilie=s:

Wally
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Use less lube pressure ..it takes some practice to get it right---often one has to lube a second time to fully lube without getting lube below the GC bottom.

gwpercle
06-26-2012, 02:16 PM
The 22's don't take much lube, I sometimes put a little pressure on the lube and do 2 or 3 boolits before adding any more pressure. Also try just enough pressure to fill 1 side , bring the boolit up and turn it 1/2 turn in the die and run it back down to fill the other side. and make sure one of the holes in the die is not in line with the base... that can also cause lube to go where it shouldn't.

Because 22's are so small they can be hard to work with but just keep working on your technique.