PDA

View Full Version : Custom Magma mold blocks?

BD
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Is anyone cutting custom designs in Magma mold blocks?

BD

GabbyM
06-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Accurate Molds. http://www.accuratemolds.com/index.php

Mountain Molds used to but he stopped using those blocks. Last time I checked.

Ballisti-Cast makes machine molds for there own machines or the Magma.
They have a very wide catalogue of designs. Including WFN and LWFN and of course all the classic H&G designs. Not much lacking there. I’m waiting right now on 45 round nose molds from the group buy here. They have a link banner at top of page.

ballisti-cast
06-26-2012, 04:04 PM
In a couple months I'll be able to do custom molds in Magma blocks. I'm still waiting on my machine to be retrofitted with a new computer. The guy is supposed to be up here in July to finish it off and then it'll be a bit because there's going to be an extensive amount of work writing programs and making fixtures. After that though there will be no limit on the designs I can produce.

MikeS
06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
In a couple months I'll be able to do custom molds in Magma blocks. I'm still waiting on my machine to be retrofitted with a new computer. The guy is supposed to be up here in July to finish it off and then it'll be a bit because there's going to be an extensive amount of work writing programs and making fixtures. After that though there will be no limit on the designs I can produce.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but have you considered making your moulds in brass as an option? I really prefer brass over any other mould material, I really want to get a few moulds from you, but really dislike iron (or steel) moulds, as I find brass just seems to work better, and I don't have to worry about rust, and living in So. Fla rust is a real problem!

ballisti-cast
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Once my machine is going I'm going to start offering them in brass.