PDA

View Full Version : J.A. 380 Firing Pin Protrusion.

colonelsanders
06-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Just picked this up this morning.

Before I get to far keep in mind that at $30, the price was right. This was due to a missing extractor.

Now for the issue

The firing pin protrudes about 5/16" in the fired condition. This just seems wrong to me and I was wondering if anyone could comment on how far their firing pin protrudes.

As a blowback operated gun with only a claw extractor with no means to eject it has occurred to me that this excessive firing pin protrusion may be used for ejection purposes, I would just like some confirmation on this from other owners.

dpaultx
06-25-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't know anything about the JA 380, but there's no way that photo can be right. That would pierce a primer everytime it was fired. You've either got a missing part or an incorrect firing pin installed or something else wrong internally.

You probably already have it, but here's a link to a PDF download of the J.A. 380 Owners Manual (http://jimenezarmsinc.com/manuals/380.pdf) from the J.A. site. There's an exploded drawing and parts diagram on page 15.

Send a copy of that pic to their service department.

Jimenez Arms Inc 5550 Reference St.
Las Vegas, NV 89122
Service: (877) 241-9938
Phone: (702) 566-5937
Fax: (702) 566-0724
E-mail: JimenezArmsInc@yahoo.com

Good luck . . . Doug

turtlezx
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
thats the way the new hi point pistols work . firing pin works as the ejector
Havent measured the length but its close to the length your talking
work some dummie rounds thru it to watch it work

GT27
06-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Wrong pin,call Jimenez Arms,and they will send you one made for that model,like said in previous post firing pin is also the ejector on these. If you are "nice", I would really be surprised if there's a charge!Don't try to use it with that pin!!!!Take it completely down and show me a pic of all the parts, frame, and slide and I'll tell you whats missing if you want.:cbpour:

Here ya go,this is the Jennings22,same general parts,this will let you know what should be there and where ,the 380's are a little bigger in size!
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=2931