PDA

View Full Version : Zacks cousin visiting

Olevern
06-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Went over to spend some time with Z yesterday and he had his 9 y.o. cousin there who will be staying with him for several weeks from out-of-state. Didn't think it fair that I had provided Z with a dirtbike to ride in his yard and the cousin wouldn't be able to ride, so took a smaller bike over to make sure of size (D is only a year younger but quite a bit smaller and the bike I left for Z was too big), then snapped a posed pic of both boys and the bikes. Had a helmet that fit D but forgot a chest protector. Bike needs a rear tire tube, so will pick that up today and get that installed. Did the obligitory parental permission form and, hopefully today they both can ride together when mom, dad or myself is available to supervise and unlock the bikes for them (bikes locked together on a cable then all locked inside a shed)

While there yesterday, spent some time fishing in the creek with both boys, then took them over to the local restaurant for snacks and drinks, on the way back home saw a large yard sale, so stopped and gave each boy $3.00 to spend; they each purchased a rod and reel set for a buck (relatively new and in good condition) and some other toy items (Z bought his mom a picture clock for a buck).

All in all, a good afternoon.

EMC45
06-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Once again Bravo Zulu on a job well done! That is a heck of a thing you are doing there, and I am sure those boys appreciate it!

hiram1
06-25-2012, 03:08 PM
good for you .and them .im proud of your heart

Jim
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Ya' done good, Vern. Good man!

Olevern
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Guys,,
Truth be told, I enjoy the time we spend together as much as the boys. Guess I'm just a kid at heart. There's nothing like that great big smile on the face of a boy who most of the time has little to smile about. And nothing like building boys into men of integrity and living to see the results, as I have any number of times over the years.
God is good!

EMC45
06-26-2012, 11:42 AM
You may very well be "breaking a cycle" with your involvement. That is a great thing. More often than not the doldrums of a bad home life are high lighted by influential people in a young boys life. Ask me how I know......