PDA

View Full Version : Muzzie ID needed.

BossHoss
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi,

This was given to me by old friend. It has never been fired, when he got it, umpteen years ago,,,it was missing the "lock", I will call it the hammer assy.

It say made in Italy nest to the fixed rear sight. 50 cal and Black Powder Only stamped on the barrel.

It has a AC in circcle...maybe Armi Sport?? and AP in a square (Year code?)

a small pn stamp with dot of some sort above it, and a small cartouche that I can't describe....maybe a coat of arms, with a small dot of some sort above it as well. The number 107 is carved into the wood hole in the rear stock brass compartment.

THere is also a 5 digit serial number.

I want to get the hammer assy for it....but need to ID this rifle first.

Would be fun to shoot, for sure.

Anyone got any ideas??? Point me in the right direction.

THanks in advance. If I can get a good camera to shoot the cartouches I will.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg638/BossHossV8/blackpowderrifle1.jpg

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg638/BossHossV8/blackpowderrifle2.jpg

Maven
06-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Send those photos to Track of the Wolf, to Ethan specifically. Maybe he can ID it and help you find replacement parts?

Boerrancher
06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Here is another option. Steve Patterson owns Pats Sporting Goods, and he specializes in the Italian ML parts business. Here is his email: patsenterprises@live.com He has been very helpful in the past, and I have purchased several spare parts from him. He has a huge supply of locks in stock and they are very reasonably priced. Send him an email with out the photos first, and explain your situation and ask if you could send him some photos to see if he has a lock that he thinks will work.

Best wishes,

Joe

BossHoss
06-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Maven , Thanks.

Here is another option. Steve Patterson owns Pats Sporting Goods, and he specializes in the Italian ML parts business. Here is his email: patsenterprises@live.com He has been very helpful in the past, and I have purchased several spare parts from him. He has a huge supply of locks in stock and they are very reasonably priced. Send him an email with out the photos first, and explain your situation and ask if you could send him some photos to see if he has a lock that he thinks will work.

Best wishes,

Joe

THanks, Joe. I am sure between these two leads, I should be able to get it in one piece.

The Post-WWII Marshall Plan era Vet that gave me this rifle would love to find out how it shoots. He has had for quite some time.

I hope to have him out for the Disabled Hunt this gun season in the Northwoods. He may even want to use it , just for fun.

Boerrancher
06-27-2012, 08:24 AM
THanks, Joe. I am sure between these two leads, I should be able to get it in one piece.

The Post-WWII Marshall Plan era Vet that gave me this rifle would love to find out how it shoots. He has had for quite some time.

I hope to have him out for the Disabled Hunt this gun season in the Northwoods. He may even want to use it , just for fun.

You are most welcome. I hope that you easily find the right lock for it. I think it is great that you may have the chance to get the fella out who gave it to you, and take him for a hunt.

Best wishes,

Joe

docone31
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
There are universal replacement locks for Italian rifles.
Track of the Wolf has them.
They are also question friendly.