PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof clapped out.

JeffinNZ
06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Team.

The sunroof controller in our Isuzu SUV has spat the dummy. It is a Mitsuba RK-0216. Anyone know of these/where to get one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/JeffinNZ/Other%20stuff/DSCN2903.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/JeffinNZ/Other%20stuff/DSCN2899.jpg

I have emailed the manufacturer in JP also but am not confident of a response.

geargnasher
06-23-2012, 11:45 PM
No dealerships or salvage yards around?

Gear

Ronbo256
06-23-2012, 11:58 PM
perhaps this place has one? http://www.autohausaz.com/isuzu-auto-parts/isuzu-sunroof_relay-replacement.html

koehn,jim
06-24-2012, 12:16 AM
What year and model and I will check around here. Pm me to be sure I get it.

JeffinNZ
06-24-2012, 03:04 AM
No dealerships or salvage yards around?

Gear

Tried that up and down the country.

JIM: It's an Isuzu Bighorn (...yes, Jeff has a Bighorn......). Pretty sure that if you have them in the US they won't be called that. More likely GM something......

Sasquatch-1
06-24-2012, 08:05 AM
If you are OK with used just run a general search for "used auto parts". You should get a form that ask for model, make, year and that sort of thing. Fill out the form and within a couple of days you will start getting replies. I have done this a couple of times for my kids Subarus with very good results.

76 WARLOCK
06-24-2012, 08:55 AM
I use Rockauto.com for all parts.

Blammer
06-24-2012, 09:29 AM
go to autozone.com and see if they have the part, if they do I can buy it for you and ship it if you want.

bruce drake
06-24-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.partswebsite.com/buyisuzuautoparts/?i=2&make=129&model=2360&year=2000&catid=10005&subcatid=20132&section=3&type=parts

Jeff,

Here in the US, the Isuzu Bighorn is sold as the Isuzu Trooper. The link above to a 2000 edition sunroof power module but it should get you started.

Bruce

Norbrat
06-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Here in Oz it's a Holden Jackeroo or Monterey.

What year is it?

I can have a hunt around the West Island if you like.

Duckiller
06-25-2012, 12:19 AM
#2 son had a trooper with an after market soon roof. The controller died during a mild rain. Mechanic got the roof sealed never to open again. never did find the right controller. Lots of Luck!

leftiye
06-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Replace it with an aftermarket manual sunroof? We've got one on our acura, never have opened it. (Too derned hot (a/c).

JeffinNZ
06-25-2012, 03:43 AM
http://www.partswebsite.com/buyisuzuautoparts/?i=2&make=129&model=2360&year=2000&catid=10005&subcatid=20132&section=3&type=parts

Jeff,

Here in the US, the Isuzu Bighorn is sold as the Isuzu Trooper. The link above to a 2000 edition sunroof power module but it should get you started.

Bruce

HOW MUCH!!!??? Holy ****!!!

I can a tube a silicone and permanant closure occuring soon.

The reality is we didn't use it much anways. The other evening however we had decent rain and it leaked. Man did it leak. I had to remove the passengers seat and dry the carpet. The seat is still very wet. I guess the roof must have gradually moved a bit after I cranked it closed a few months back.

Sasquatch-1
06-25-2012, 06:40 AM

The reality is we didn't use it much anways. The other evening however we had decent rain and it leaked. Man did it leak. I had to remove the passengers seat and dry the carpet. The seat is still very wet. I guess the roof must have gradually moved a bit after I cranked it closed a few months back.

Had an 1984 Pontiac Fiero with a manual sunroof. Once it started leaking there was no stopping it. Even installed a new gasket with no luck.

Recluse
06-25-2012, 03:42 PM

That's what moon-roofs, sun-roofs and t-tops are good for--leaking.

My wife's new Avalon has a moon-roof, but we rarely use it. I would've preferred not to have it, but it came in the "package" of everything else I wanted in the car.

My beloved classic 1984 Datsun/Nissan 300ZX has t-tops, but since I never drive the car in the rain or when rain is forecast, I only know they leak when I've got the water-hose on them washing the thing down and putting her back in the garage. :)

If you (truly) do not use the roof much, I'd find some way to "hotwire" the switch to get the roof fully forward and in place, then do a very careful "seal" job with some clear automotive grade silicone.

:coffee:

looseprojectile
06-25-2012, 04:39 PM
almost always is because the drain tubes are plugged.
I have an old 81 BMW. When I bought it the previous owner told me to keep the drains opened and there will be no leaks. So far he was right. It is a manual crank version.
Crikey, they now have sunroofs that close automatically when it starts to rain.
Good idea to check the drain holes in the doors also.

One of these days we won't be able to buy anything manual. I am tired of waiting for the male and female cars for extra horny or single folks.

Life is good

bruce drake
06-25-2012, 05:07 PM

And now you know why the value of the American Dollar is starting to go into the crapper.

JeffinNZ
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
What? Jeff Brown being tight fisted is killing the USD?

LOL.

bruce drake
06-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Not you Jeff.

Just a certain political party that took a lot of loans from the Chinese Communists a few years ago is killing our dollar's value.

You just get to see what a $50 part a few years ago is costing us now a days.

Bruce