PDA

View Full Version : Ranges near Myrtle Beach

johnho
06-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I will end up spending a lot of time in the Myrtle Beach/Calabash area and am looking for a range to shoot pistols and rifles. Do not want an indoor range. I have searched and searched and even used Where to Shoot. I am not finding much of anything in that area close by. Some up near Wilmington but that is a ride. Does anyone have any ranges they know of that may not be showing on the internet? I prefer a private range and will join it if it is decent.

Thanks

tenx
06-28-2012, 01:19 AM
good luck. i was stationed at myrtle beach afb from 1982 thru 1989 and there were very few places to shoot. the wacamaw muzzleloaders had a piece of land inland of murrels inlet they leased from international paper. don,t know if it's still around. was a really good gun shop at surfside beach called wards gun rack. several years after i got to myrtle beach afb i cross trained into combat arms training and maintenance. i worked at a range daily and had access to it any time i wanted. same deal when i transfered to bergstrom afb in austin texas. a 3 minute walk from base housing to the range. finally ended up in idaho and theres about eleven seventy million acres to shoot on out here. myrtle beach was a really nice place in the winter when all the tourists went home. summer time it was extremely crowded and spendy. good luck...............tenx

palmettosunshine
07-31-2012, 12:01 AM
I know this is almost a month old but do a search for Ant Hill Range in Southport, NC. I've never been but they come highly recommended by the LGS.