PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 94 book

DeanWinchester
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm sure there are entire libraries written about the great '94 Winchester.

BUT, is there a book that you can suggest to me that would cover working on them, tweaking them and trouble shooting them? I don't give a hoot about the history, I just need really good coverage on the workings of it. I have exploded views. I would like an explanation of the workings and details to get to know the rifle better than the average bear:bigsmyl2:

06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Sam Fadala's book about the Win 94's is a good one. It's not a tech manual but worth the read. There are several disassembly manuals available that let you take it apart and put it back together again. It's really pretty easy. One tear down, and you'll know all there is to know about how it works.

DeanWinchester
06-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Thank you. I'm putting together a list of things I want to read. Knowing how to disassemble/reassemble is a lot easier than know WHY each part does what it does and the little things that are happening not seen at a cursory glance.

I'll hit Amazon and look up Sam Fadala.

Junior1942
06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
My 94 take-down page is probably the most popular on the web.

http://www.castbullet.com/misc/tdown.htm

DeanWinchester
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks Junior. It's certainly an excellent start.

How do I describe what I am asking for? I don't want to just understand the rifle. I want to UNDERSTAND the rifle. Example: I know how to take a Ruger Blackhawk apart and put it back together in no time flat. I know where the parts go. So does Hamilton Bowen. Obviously I don't even have the capacity to achieve that level of understanding but it's the goal nonetheless.

I've had to give up larger calibers because of what they are doing to my eyes. The 30/30 does not affect me so. ESPECIALLY with some cast boolits and Unique loads. If I have to give up the rifles I loved for so long and take up with a new crowd, I wanna KNOW them very well. When you stop and consider that there's a 99% chance I will never fire a rifle further than 100 yards for the rest of my life, I think the Winchester 94 is a solid team to play for that won't disappoint.

MT Gianni
06-21-2012, 06:21 PM
SAm Fadalas book is a good ead. My local library had it and it is or was hard to find.

pietro
06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
You might wanna eyeball this: http://www.time-slice.com/mohave.gambler/favorites/LeverGuns/Winchester94.htm