PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe Needed

Rick N Bama
06-20-2012, 08:07 AM
I need a good recipe for smoking or grilling a stuffed Pork Loin.....Anyone? This is about half of a whole Loin from Sam's Club.

Thanks,

Rick

Dark Helmet
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Make about a half box chicken stuffing mix, to which you add a sauteed onion with mushrooms. Let cool before you stuff (roll up like a jelly roll) and tie off your thinly sliced loin.

fatnhappy
06-20-2012, 09:54 PM
take a sharp knife and cut it like you were unrolling a hostess ho-ho. cover both sides with syran wrap and beat it with a tenderizing mallet to thin it out. cover it with dijon mustard, escrole, mushrooms and beef baste. roll it bake up and tie it.
roast on a trivet in a dutch oven. don't be bashful about adding a scooch of chicken stock to the oven to keep it moist.

eat it all yourself, dont share.

Jeffrey
06-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Cut as described by fatnhappy. Sprinkle with black pepper. Put down layer of THIN sliced prochutto (sp?) ham, GOOD swiss cheese (think gruyere), fresh spinach leaves. Thin layer of each, just to cover surface of layer below. Note - no salt on interior. Ham and cheese is salty enough. Roll and tie with cotton cord. When tying, start from larger end. This pushes meat toward small end, making a more even 'roll' overall. Sprinkle with favorite pork rub. Cook as required for size of meat - internal temperature of 155*. 25 min / lb. Start at 400* for 30 minutes to set crust. Reduce heat to 350*. Half pound each of ham and cheese should be enough.

Rick N Bama
06-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

I tried to cut it out thin but that part didn’t work out just right. That was a first for me, I’ll do better the next time.

We stuffed the loin with a layer of Mustard, then we added Spinach, Mushrooms & Swiss Cheese. A layer of my Pork rub was added over that before the rolling up. Then a layer of Mustard was applied to the outside of the loin to help the Rub to stick. Again my favorite homemade Pork Rub was applied to the loin.

Now that was an experience:) The stuffing & tying didn’t go exactly as planned, but after a couple attempts we finally came up with something we thought would hold together.

I built a charcoal fire, added Cherry & Apple wood chunks for the smoke. I set my grill up for indirect smoking & set the controller for 225°. It was left on the grill until it reached an internal temp of 155° then I pulled it off, wrapped it in foil & now it’s resting wrapped in towels in a cooler. It should be good to go just in time for our dinner tonight.

Here’s a pic to enjoy.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/Ricknbama/Shooting/DSC00795.jpg