PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming big game tags posted....

dk17hmr
06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I drew 3 antelope tags, 1 buck 2 doe, and my 3rd choice for full price elk and reduced cow/calf. So far I have 5 tags.....not sure if I want to go after deer or not yet, last year was pretty terrible for mule deer in my area.

Stick_man
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Sounds like you got some "huntin" to do Doug. Congrats on the draws. Should do a fine job of filling the freezer.

leadman
06-22-2012, 01:13 AM
I might go to Wyoming this year if I can get a left over 'lope tag. There are some others from the Phoenix area that want to go also so we may truck-pool!

You are going to be a busy man this fall. Course if it is like my 2010 antelope hunt it was over in about 3 hours.
You going to use cast for any of the hunts?
I might as my Savage 30-06 is shooting fantastic right now. I may use the contender in 30-30AI with cast also.
No elk for me and my son this year in AZ. so hope I can get at least one tag up there.
Enjoy your hunt and stay safe!

ammohead
06-22-2012, 08:50 PM
dk17hmr,

What are a nonresidents options for a antelope meat tag? Jane didn't draw any NV tags and we are considering our options.

dk17hmr
06-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Well there are left over tags that will go on sale in mid July. The area I drew has 74 left over doe tags and that is mostly public/blm land.

Reduced price Doe/Fawn tags are pretty cheap, around $50, and I think you can get up to 4 of them on the left over sale.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/HUNTING-1000153.aspx

http://gf.state.wy.us/QuotaAvailability/SelectionCriteria.aspx

If you have any questions let me know I will try my best to help you out.

dk17hmr
06-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I have a carbine lenght 45lc Contender barrel that clover leafs the LEE 300gr WFN at 75 yards with a really stout load of WC297 (aka W296 with a flash suppressor), velocity wise its closer to a 454 than a 45lc. I was thinkin about working with it and trying to take one of the does with cast.

The buck I might try to get with my bow. The area I drew is where I am working most of the summer, so every chance I get I will be looking for a good buck, I know where there are 4, 12 to 14" bucks right now that dont care when I get close to them, but I would really like to bring home a 16"+ and I know they are out there.