PDA

View Full Version : AR Mag catch broke

missionary5155
06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Greetings
While at the range yesterday my AR mag catch snapped off where the pin end is pressed on to the lever that hooks the inserted mag. First time I have seen one of these break off. Sure had me wondering why my AR refussed to feed after 12 rounds fired in groups of 3. Anyone have a spare you would like to sell ?
Mike in ILLinois

Hamish
06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
No part to sell ya, but glad to hear you made it back ok.

GT27
06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
What brand of AR do you have,just curious?

nicholst55
06-19-2012, 05:04 PM
During all the time I have been repairing M16s for Uncle, I've never seen one of those break. I've seen rifles caught in tank turret ring races that were bent like pretzels, but never a broken mag catch!

missionary5155
06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Greetings
Just left the home of a feller I have known for years who has been aroud the AR before the Army started issue to troops. He said the same thing.. that part never breaks ! Oh well...
It was a parts kit and if I can figure out who sold the lower parts I will contact them. But stuff does break . Better at the range then when I finally get my first shot at a non-existent cougar in this area.
Thanks Hamish ! Been driving about for two weeks and never felt in danger or that I needed to be ready any second to dodge some crazy driver. This is a very relaxing place to opporate a motor vehicle !
Mike
Mike

missionary5155
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Found one $8 to my door. Thanks everyone for the input. Mike in ILL.

GT27
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
A lot of MIM parts floating around for this platform(easier to manufacture,cheaper to make) and from my experience its hard to determine which is which,also my experience is some work fine,some are Maggies drawers!! Really unusual to break that part,MIM or not ,glad you got it up and running again! GT27

kyle623
06-24-2012, 07:59 AM
so you have some of them cougars that the state never let lose in your area too. lol. they dont exist here either, we just see or hear them once in awhile.