PDA

View Full Version : If you like bratwurst and go to Sam's Club..

frankenfab
06-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Look for the Guiness Beer brand brats. The meat is a little more finely ground than the Johnsonville. I think they're awesome!

Rick N Bama
06-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I was at the Bowling Green KY Sam's Monday & looked at Brats, however I don't remember seeing the Guiness. I do remember seeing Johnsonville & Member's Mark, I wonder if every Sam's should have the Guiness?

I like Brats lightly grilled, then finished off in a mix of Beer, Onions & Garlic, now that is some good eats!

Rick

Tom-ADC
06-20-2012, 11:36 AM
I bet they would be good with this recipe even tough its not Kielbasa.

http://www.emerils.com/recipe/1105/Kielbasa-in-Polish-Sauce

frankenfab
06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
I was at the Bowling Green KY Sam's Monday & looked at Brats, however I don't remember seeing the Guiness. I do remember seeing Johnsonville & Member's Mark, I wonder if every Sam's should have the Guiness?

I like Brats lightly grilled, then finished off in a mix of Beer, Onions & Garlic, now that is some good eats!

Rick

Rick. at the sams I go to the "regular" brats are in the meat case with the hamburger and stuff. The Guiness brats were by the fancy cheeses with the chicken and apple sausage, etc. The chicken and apple sausage is pretty good, too!

dragonrider
06-21-2012, 09:45 PM
A good brat is a thing not to be missed. I will look for those, I go by a Sams every day on the way home from work.

Jim
06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I bet they would be good with this recipe even tough its not Kielbasa.

http://www.emerils.com/recipe/1105/Kielbasa-in-Polish-Sauce

Janet is second generation Polish. Lemme tell ya', brother, she KNOWS Kielbasa.

Tom-ADC
06-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Jim, I have my Kielbasa shipped in from Kielbasa Joe in Wyandotte MI its in the little Polish area of our home town he has been in business for years, we love his stuff.
http://wyandotte.patch.com/listings/kielbasa-joe

Rick N Bama
06-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Rick. at the sams I go to the "regular" brats are in the meat case with the hamburger and stuff. The Guiness brats were by the fancy cheeses with the chicken and apple sausage, etc. The chicken and apple sausage is pretty good, too!

I'll check there the next time we go, Thanks.

Rick

TXGunNut
07-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Best brats I've had are Fischers in Muenster, TX. Some stores around here carry it. Close second is the Hi-Mountain mix from Cabelas. Made some recently and they're pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

Longwood
07-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Jim,,,
I am thinking this bunch of Rednecks would eat about any meat that was spiced up a bit and swoze into a sleeve.[smilie=w:
Especially with a little kraut, some hot mustard and imported European beer

Longwood
07-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Look for the Guiness Beer brand brats. The meat is a little more finely ground than the Johnsonville. I think they're awesome!

I am a bachelor and seldom buy stuff there.
But,,,,
I have an old card that still gets me in the door.
All I buy is a Brat or big pizza slice for lunch with some sauerkraut (they make me ask but they have it) and a fresh made pizza that I take home.
Best deal around.

pmeisel
07-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I grew up not far from Kielbasa Joe's, but moved away before it got started. However I think anything from Wyandotte is good, and recommend it untasted!