PDA

View Full Version : Storm Lake Barrel inside ID.

Bisbee
06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm new at this, reloading about a year and casting about two months, I'm enjoying both. I have tried shooting lead through my Glock 19 with poor leading results. After reading many threads on this fine forum I have decided to get a different barrel, Storm Lake, KKM or maybe Lone Wolf. I was curious to learn the inside diameter of these companies 9mm barrels. I called Storm Lake and was told the inside dia. of thier barrel was between .3467 and .3473. I called back later in the day and was told the same thing, could this be right? I lube and size to .356. I have left emails for LW and KKM, no response yet. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Cherokee
06-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Not familiar with their specifications, I know years ago when I ordered my 9m barrels from King and Bar-Sto (for 1911's) I specified .355 and that is what I got. Check with them, maybe theri web site will tell you since no email response.

Jailer
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm new at this, reloading about a year and casting about two months, I'm enjoying both. I have tried shooting lead through my Glock 19 with poor leading results. After reading many threads on this fine forum I have decided to get a different barrel, Storm Lake, KKM or maybe Lone Wolf. I was curious to learn the inside diameter of these companies 9mm barrels. I called Storm Lake and was told the inside dia. of thier barrel was between .3467 and .3473. I called back later in the day and was told the same thing, could this be right? I lube and size to .356. I have left emails for LW and KKM, no response yet. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Get the KKM, you'll be glad you did.

garym1a2
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't remember the exact number when I mic my boolit from slugging it (lee 105) was nice for slugging it. But I thought it was rather small and have been sizing to .356 with the Lee 120 Tc, (Storm Lake conversion for G22)

fredj338
06-18-2012, 09:10 PM
SOme communication problem there I am sure. I have a SL 9mm conv bbl for my G32. I never bothered slugging it, & it handles 0.356 bullet fine.

swheeler
06-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Yes .346-.347 sounds right for bore dia of a 9mm barrel, that should equate to a .354-.355 groove, sounds about right.