PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Me!!!

The Dove
06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
I turn 44 years old today. My wife is gone for the week in training. My son just left on a hot date with some pretty blond. I'm sitting at this computer wondering what I'm gonna do today.

Well, I finally made up my mind. Gonna put on a pot of pinto beans with ham hock, make a pan of homemade cornbread, and fry me up some spuds....... Wash dat down with some Old No. 7 and relax...... Life is good.

The Dove

bowfin
06-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Happy birthday to you, and it sounds like you are going to have a good meal.

By the way, when are the Sooners going to leave those Texans and join the B1G 10?

Tom-ADC
06-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Dove happy birthday and I think you did it up just fine!! Except I'd have used Devils Cut Beams but Old #7 ain't to shabby either.

The Dove
06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes fellas.

As far as my Sooners jumping to the Big 10, I don't see that happening yet. I already miss not playing your Huskers........ The two teams definately have a srong bond that goes way back before my birth in 68. I would love to attend a Husker game in Lincoln one day. All the Okies I ever heard that went said the fans are very classy and respect OU.

The Dove

Tom-ADC
06-19-2012, 06:11 PM
The Big Ten is the only reason I'm still with AT&T U Verse TV they offer the Big Ten network and I like Big Ten football.
BTW Tony Jefferson went to Eastlake high school with my granddaughter.

The Dove
06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Tom

I bought a 5th of Devils cut at the class 6 the other day. I did this because of all the good press I've seen on this site/cooking thread. Well, I hate Jim Beam (but I paid for and drank a barrel full in college) in the mid to late 80's.......... To make a long story shorter, bought that 5th of Devils Cut and it is gooooooood. However, Old No.7 is still my favorite....

The Dove

WILCO
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Happy Birthday Dove. Sounds like it went well.