PDA

View Full Version : Bad! Good Karma

Beekeeper
06-17-2012, 09:34 PM
A friend gave me 20 rounds of reloaded ammo.
Said they didn't shoot worth a D**n in his 8MM
Wasn't worth the price to go back and argue with the guy so I could have them.

Got to looking at them and they seemed a little short for 8MM.
Asked him how many he had fired, Whole box says he.
They shot but the cases were Cr** afterwards.
No wonder I told him they are 323 boolits loaded in .308 cases and sold as 8MM.

Haven't seen him today but I think he went head hunting.

He is alive and unhurt so maybe his Karma was there to protect him ( this time).
Will spend several days educating him as to case size and boolit size , and maybe if he shows any intrest hao to reload his own and cast his own boolits!"Naa"
he would rather buy someone elses reloads and take the chance.

beekeeper

Hamish
06-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Have seen this insanity before, super short neck when .308 brass is morphadited into 7.92x57.
Glad nobodies hurt.

junkbug
06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
7.92x51mm huh? A new wildcat!!

Glad there was no gas blow-back injury or damage.

leadman
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
There was a guy selling an 1891 Arg. Mauser here in Phoenix that was shooting 308 Win in it. Said the accuracy was marginal!! Looked like an unaltered military barrel.

1Shirt
06-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Just goes to show ya that the good Lord, in addition to looking out for drunks and kids, also sometimes looks out for dumbutt shooters.
1Shirt!

Buckshot
06-23-2012, 02:24 AM
..............Years back a guy had his new 30-'06 at the range. Don't recall now what make of rifle. Must have been a mis-communication between the newbie rifle owner and the folks at the sporting goods place (Turners) as they sold him 308 ammo. Anyway he was happily, merrily shooting it until the guy on the bench between me and him exclaimed :-)

No harm, no foul but not reloadeable as 30-'06, and major sizing required to turn them back into 308's 8-) I like to use this example when folks get to talking about excessive headspace!

................Buckshot