PDA

View Full Version : Gas Check Forming Dies

Sakoman
06-17-2012, 10:47 AM
What is available in the way of Gas check forming dies that can be used in a standard reloading press?

Lonegun1894
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
The Pat Marlin checkmakers are great, or at least I like mine. I have them in .30 and .35, and have another order in for more calibers. There are others available but I haven't had a chance to try them so can't comment on them.

HARRYMPOPE
06-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I have used all of them but the Freechex III.I even had one of the original aluminum can gascheck makers from Hanned Precision.I like the Pats Marlin tool fine but delivery time is spotty.The Freehchex has a faster delivery time in general though its not for your press its much faster.

George.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-17-2012, 09:43 PM
999oo

RobS
06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
FreeChex III is the WAY to go! Every stroke of the handle produces a check! Less than a week to get it, and that includes shipping!

Not the handle of a reloading press. The OP wanted to know what is available for a reloading press and the FreeChex system does not utilize such but rather a arbor press or even a drill press can work. The first FreeChex makers could even be worked using a plastic type mallot. I used a drill press and then later purchased an arbor press for my FreeChex gas check maker. Now I have the PatMarlin set up for 45 Cal plain base checks and like it just fine. Both products are made well I just prefer the PatMarlin system.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
press:p