PDA

View Full Version : CZ-82--lost extractor!

John in WI
06-16-2012, 08:20 PM
I had my CZ-82 out today, and was running some Blazers through it. I probably put 50 rounds through it, unloaded it, and packed it back in my range back.

When I got home to clean it, I realized that somewhere along the way I lost the extractor, pin, and spring!

When I refinished the metal (home parkerizing job) I noticed that the pin was quite loose, but someone on the CZ forum assured me that that is just how old, well used CZ's are.

I guess what surprised me was that it must have been working while I was shooting, but wiggled loose when I put it away.

Anyway, 2 quick questions--CZ USA doesn't sell these parts for the CZ82, but it does for the CZ83. Is it an interchangeable part?

Also, when I get a new one, how do I prevent it from coming loose again? (Locktite?)

It spooked me, as this is my CCW piece, and in a real world situation, this would have turned my auto into a single shot. It's a great shooter, and has always been reliable (feeds any HP or ball I put in it, never fails to extract...) and I've put hundreds of rounds through it with no problems--until now.