PDA

View Full Version : Didn't know I was left handed (CZ 75D PCR)

palmettosunshine
06-16-2012, 07:34 PM
So I'm still breaking in a new CZ 75D PCR and took it to the range today. You know how some days you walk in and just tear the heart out of the target? Today wasn't that day. I was having a hard time acquiring the sights, my shoulder started hurting early on, the lighting wasn't very good (did I miss an excuse?) and overall just wasn't having a very productive range session as evidenced below...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/palmettosunshine/IMG_20120616_191927.jpg

:shock:

Now in the interest of full disclosure the above target was at the end of the session and was the absolute worst grouping I had shot all day. As my shoulder was really hurting I decided to try something different. Why not try it left handed? My left eye is my master eye and I've always shot long guns lefty, so why not? I may be in the market for some new holsters....

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/palmettosunshine/IMG_20120616_192011.jpg

jmsj
06-16-2012, 07:50 PM
palmettosunshine,
Good shooting.
I found out the same thing back in the early 80's while my right hand was recovering from tendon reconstruction surgery. That's when I found out I was left eye dominate. Shooting left handed my scores went up a little but my speed went way down.
I never felt comfortable shooting left handed and when my hand healed, I went back to shooting right handed.
Good luck, jmsj

Frosty Boolit
06-17-2012, 07:28 AM
For the last couple years I have practiced left handed and right, with either eye. I am a righty with a right eye dominant. I have that same pistol and it is by far my most favorite, ever! You should continue to practice with both hands.

kennyb
06-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Nice group, I recently discovered I'm left eye dominate (i swing a bat left handed) my groups got better too. I still hold right hand strong hand. I'll try left hand strong maybe that will help even more.
Thanks for your post.
Kenny

jameslovesjammie
06-28-2012, 11:49 AM
My 6 year old is cross dominant. I have been working with him shooting left handed. I noticed a huge improvement right away over shooting right handed. He's young enough where I don't think he will have a problem adapting. I have a hard time training him, though. I'm right handed, right eye dominant.