PDA

View Full Version : A new mould & I'm glad I'm Devorced

OLPDon
06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
My fellow Casters & Lube Questers........
Now why you say! Why would anyone be glad about being devorced. No it's not what you think, not even close..

First a little background to better help you understand the full measure of my glee. I had gotten on those active group buy thingys, (just one more mould), and as you all know you are waiting & waiting & hopeing that enough fellow casters sign on to this or that mould of moulds. Ahhh yes enough for a new mould, now its just a matter of $$$$$$ coming in from all. Now there is just one more waiting period, next your mould is next on the mill!!!!!!!!!

Now for thoughs of you who go back as far as we need a 225 heavy Boooliit thread (prolly the longest thread) of this forum yrs long. But I digress....

Now we get that great qoute "The Mould Is In The Mail" The only time I'm happy see the Letter Carrier is when he has in his hand Priority Mail Package. More digression. Well now I feeling as though I was the transported to the movie set
" A Christmas Story" and in fact in many ways its a "The Red Rider BB Gun" in sprit at least.

Oh boy oh boy my new mould, with all the bells and whistles GC, PB, even a two sided pin, one HP point one for FP. Now the visions of 1/2" MOA at 1000 yrds, red spray from vermin.

I have to make ready for the grand casting session type of alloy & The Lube.
So in my glee last night hmmm I will take a lamb roast out of the deep freeze. Now time to prepair the Lamb Roast trim all the fat off, and render the tallow down. All is well today rendering tallow Moulds in the mail, never had the tistle fairy visit yet......... Worked in a Can Co. so me knowth about cold spoons ect. So I start rendering the tallow I start the water to boil on a high flame and then I will lower it to simmer.... Right around the time of lower to simmer, Mailman at my door with my new mould (Red Rider BB Gun) after admireing it with visions of 1/2" moa @ 1000 yrds, and a Thank You note to Swede.
And just like in the movie he was told "you can't have one you'll shoot your eye out"
Or in my case "Burn your house down". Yep in between simmer & Burn Your House Down" smoke from my kitchen like a BB in my eye. Hay Kid Youll Burn Your House Down"

Now to the jist of Glad I'm Divorced because if I wasn't I would be going through one now.

So if there is a moral to this story. it would be: "Youll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid or "Burn Your House Down"
Don

PS Just a note didn't "Burn My House Down" , but sure smells like I did.........

Olevern
06-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Them group buy molds sure do get tempting (and addicting). Got a whole stack of them in the closet what I haven't had a chance to try out yet. I'll get around to it when I am able, but from time to time I open the boxes and just look at them. Haven't tried to burn the house down yet.

The several I have used are Mihec and NOE molds and are of great quality dropping boolits that fill a niche and were unavailable before I landed here at the forums.

Some are multi cavity molds of an old Lyman design that is no longer avail. or which one might find on the secondary market in a one or two cav. mold at excessive prices and likely would not cast at a usable diameter.

My Marlin lever action rifles have benefited greatly from the group buy molds with boolits they can shoot accurately.

OLPDon
06-17-2012, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=Olevern;1746991]Them group buy molds sure do get tempting (and addicting). Got a whole stack of them in the closet what I haven't had a chance to try out yet. I'll get around to it when I am able, but from time to time I open the boxes and just look at them. Haven't tried to burn the house down yet.

I'm over 100 moulds and I have about 10 haven't seen the pot yet. I guess its the better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it theory.

Casters seem to be a special breed.

Don

lbaize3
06-17-2012, 09:11 AM
I can't decide if I am trying to buy one of every mold NOE makes or if I am just trying to send Swede's kids and grandkids through college....

MT Chambers
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
prolly "devorced" because of your spelling.

Olevern
06-17-2012, 10:30 AM

:-P :smile:

bld451
06-17-2012, 03:12 PM
"Casters seem to be a special breed."

Yup, Don, special.......

Mom always called me special.

wallenba
06-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Have not had leg of lamb since my mother passed. My ex always complained it stunk too much. I don't have mom's recipe. Care to share yours? I like smoked meats.

OLPDon
06-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Have not had leg of lamb since my mother passed. My ex always complained it stunk too much. I don't have mom's recipe. Care to share yours? I like smoked meats.

I just take all fat & as much of silver skin I can get off leg bone removed , finely choped garlic, salt, white & black pepper, mint, oragano & extra virg olive oil. Enough E.V.O.O. about 1/2 cup mix all above & marinate leg overnight. Roll it up with cotton string. I then put it in the smoker for about 15 min I like to use Pecan & cherry wood mix for smoke. When you get a nice smoke on the leg remove from smoker, place it on a spit on to the BBQ. I like it done rare. Get them cold beers ready and enjoy.

Don

OOPS Forgot the brineing part, Brine about 3 hrs. equal parts sugar, salt, cider vinegar, 2 quarts of water 1/4 cup each salt, sugar, cider vingar . If needed add more water to cover roast. After brine dry off and then the above.

OLPDon
06-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Thats what she said................:bigsmyl2:

gray wolf
06-17-2012, 10:32 PM
You guys definitely need supervision.
+ your killing me with all these molds.

wallenba
06-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I just take all fat & as much of silver skin I can get off leg bone removed , finely choped garlic, salt, white & black pepper, mint, oragano & extra virg olive oil. Enough E.V.O.O. about 1/2 cup mix all above & marinate leg overnight. Roll it up with cotton string. I then put it in the smoker for about 15 min I like to use Pecan & cherry wood mix for smoke. When you get a nice smoke on the leg remove from smoker, place it on a spit on to the BBQ. I like it done rare. Get them cold beers ready and enjoy.

Don

OOPS Forgot the brineing part, Brine about 3 hrs. equal parts sugar, salt, cider vinegar, 2 quarts of water 1/4 cup each salt, sugar, cider vingar . If needed add more water to cover roast. After brine dry off and then the above.

Thank you kindly Don.

7br
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
"Casters seem to be a special breed."

Yup, Don, special.......

Mom always called me special.

Same here. Even the skool thought I was special and sent a special bus fer me and a couple of my buddies.

wallenba
06-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Same here. Even the skool thought I was special and sent a special bus fer me and a couple of my buddies.

Bars on the windows of that bus 7br ?:lol::kidding:

45-70 Chevroner
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM

"(probably)" definitely divorced. [smilie=1::roll:

FLDad
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Every one of us divorced casters needs a short bus to take to the range. With a big inverter to run power to a lead pot in back! There would be plenty of room for a loading bench too...