PDA

View Full Version : NAA Super Companion

baer19d
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I just picked up one of these at a garage sale. What charge of FFFF BP should I use and I read somewhere that Bullseye can be used. Is this true and if so what charge should I use? Can any other smokeless powders be used?
Thanks, Mike

lathesmith
06-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Those are neat little guns, I've always wanted to try one. I've got a couple of 22's, they are amazingly accurate and easy to stash at the same time!

NAA doesn't recommend anything except BP, and I think I'd stick with that. I have seen in the past people using Bullseye in these, but after reading several horror stories about using "smokeless" powder in muzzleloaders I think I would pass, there is just too much risk involved.

Enjoy,
lathesmith

baer19d
06-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Apparently NAA use to state that they could be shot with bullseye but then the ATF got on them about it since they were sold as BP revolvers. At least that's what I heard.
Those are neat little guns, I've always wanted to try one. I've got a couple of 22's, they are amazingly accurate and easy to stash at the same time!

NAA doesn't recommend anything except BP, and I think I'd stick with that. I have seen in the past people using Bullseye in these, but after reading several horror stories about using "smokeless" powder in muzzleloaders I think I would pass, there is just too much risk involved.

Enjoy,
lathesmith

NickSS
06-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Mine has a magnum length cylinder and takes 4 gr of FFFFG which is about all that will fit in the cylinder and let a bullet be seated. Do not use smokeless in it because the nipple is not designed for the pressures involved and you could damage your gun or yourself. The only ML I know of that can be loaded with smokeless is a Savage inline rifle that uses 209 SG primers and does not have a nipple and the factory is very specific as to how much and what type of smokeless to use with a lot of cautions about using nothing else.