PDA

View Full Version : a thought on a new forum section

5shotbfr
06-15-2012, 10:19 AM
maybe it isnt best for new member to think very much . but thinking i have been .
it seems to me that a lot of us share more then a few commen interests , one of mine is books . i love to read .
and that brings me to the point ..

what about maybe a subsection under swapping and selling just for books .

the book exchange

lets face it books are expensive to buy new and i bet most of us would read a lot more if we had an easier and cheaper way to get what we wanted to read .

think about how hard it is to find gun/shooting related books .. or even the old classics ... whens the last time you seen Homer's illiad at a book store
westerns .. just think about all the zane greys you cant find anywhere

this maybe a dumb thought on my part , but hey new ideas have to come from somewhere

429421Cowboy
06-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I for one wouldn't mind a book exchange, i love swapping books and can never find enough to read!

44deerslayer
06-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Same here read all the time car books gun books reloading books fishing books how would this work trade books around. how long wound we be able to read it .then pass it along to the next .and keep a log of the books

5shotbfr
06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
i wouldnt think it has to be complicated , i realy think most people would be more interested in just plain old fashioned swapping

as far as lending an such ... well if guys wanted to do that it would be up to you to keep track of who what and where ... and we all know how often we get back books that are lent out

41 mag fan
06-16-2012, 02:12 PM
I used to love to read..I used to read a book a day....time is a forgotten thing in todays world

5shotbfr
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
evidently you are correct .41 mag

i thought maybe the idea would draw some interest , technology wins again i guess

1Shirt
06-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Not a bad idea at all!
1Shirt!

45nut
06-19-2012, 05:26 PM
I can almost see it added to the "boolit exchange" , keeping with the shooting related books of course.
As per the rules in there it would be self-moderated with honesty as the base of operations.

I would think there might be some interest.