PDA

View Full Version : A powder question

Beekeeper
06-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I would like to ask a question of anyone that has or has shot "Diamind Back " powder.

I finished up the last of my FFG Goex and opened a can of FFG diamond back.
I found it to be a much more constant size than the Goex and when filling my measure to 70 grains it came out exactly 70 grains on my scale.
The Goex was always 1 or 2 grains short.

Do not know how it will shoot yet but loading with it is a lot easier than with the Goex.

Would like someone elses comments on the powder if there is anyone that uses it.

beekeeper

Nobade
06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I have burned almost two cases of it so far.

Yes, it is cleaner, shinier, and more uniform than Goex. It is also more dense as you have discovered. It leaves a different fouling, kind of greasy grey stuff instead of the black and red fouling from Goex. It is not as powerful, needing more of it to equal the velocity of Goex. But I have gotten very good accuracy from it in both cartridge guns and muzzleloaders. It works quite well, and is a real bargain at the price.

It will foul out a lot faster than KIK or Swiss, but about like Goex in that regard. It also responds well to 10% or less duplex loading and that cleans it up nicely.

Go out and shoot, let us know what you think!

Maven
06-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Beekeeper, I've used 3 - 4 lbs. of Diamondback FFg and am very pleased with its performance. It is neither cleaner nor dirtier than Goex or Wano/Graf's, but it is less expensive than the other two even with Graf's dealer discount. Unfortunately, I never chronographed ML loads with it, but my targets say it's on a par with the aforementioned two powders. Look up Crater Fireworks @ www.addictedtoblackpowder.com for a supplier.

Tatume
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I've used many pounds of Diamondback blackpowder, and find it to be entirely satisfactory.

P.s., I sent you a PM a few weeks ago. Did you get it?

Beekeeper
06-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the info.
Tatume, checked my PM file and did not find a PM from you. .
Sorry if I missed something important.

beekeeper

Tatume
06-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I'll try again.