PDA

View Full Version : Simple & cheap lead pot ventilation

Revolver
06-14-2012, 07:07 AM
I was anxious to get casting so I rigged up a vent real quick. It has ended up working very well and I have not modified it since. It's just a large high speed 12volt computer fan, a small scrap of aluminum flashing, and a 12 volt power supply (common item, check goodwill). I have it setup in front of a window. Video here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzrXKT8KWj4

It basically just creates a wind tunnel, which works really well. In the video I made the pot smoke so you can see the effect. I'm sure many of you have done this before but I'm new to the game... new dog, old tricks? :drinks:

Sasquatch-1
06-14-2012, 07:55 AM
That works real nice. I use three electronics fans attached to a piece of plywood that fit in a window above where I cast. Since the window is about 3' to 4' higher then the pot, it does not work quite as well but gets the job done.

41 mag fan
06-14-2012, 09:22 AM
The three Stooges advertisement was funny to watch!!

That wind tunnel looks pretty cool...and seems to work good

Revolver
06-14-2012, 10:51 AM
The three Stooges advertisement was funny to watch!!
That wind tunnel looks pretty cool...and seems to work good

Thanks for watching the ad, seriously. Money from youtube is my only hobby money to spend as I please with no questions asked... and with a wife and 3 kids that's a big deal! So I try to make useful, interesting, or entertaining videos when I can.