06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I have a Lee Enfield Ishapore 308 Rifle that I love.But it
quit ejecting shells.What to do or who can fix it??:bigsmyl2:

Fly[smilie=s:

obssd1958
06-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey Fly!

Did it quit ejecting or extracting?
Is the case still in the chamber, or is it just hanging on the bolt when the bolt is all the way rearward?

:coffee:

Fly
06-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Quit ejecting. It a single shot now(wink)??????

Fly

obssd1958
06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
On the left hand side of the receiver, just under the charging bridge, is a small screw. Check to see if it is backed out a bit, or completely worn off. If you have to replace it, due to wear, make sure that the bolt operates freely with the new one in place.

**Disclaimer**
I am no expert on the SMLE. I just own a few, and checked mine after reading your post. It's the best guess that I could come up with!!

Don

junkbug
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Does it still extract? Or do you have to knock the spent shell out with a cleaning rod?

Multigunner
06-14-2012, 01:18 PM
A rim that is too thick, or a extraction groove thats too narrow can affect ejecting of the empty case due to the extractor blade binding
Protuding primers can also cause drag that prevents proper ejection.

Crud gathering in the extractor lug opening can prevent the extractor from pushing the case far enough to the left.
A weak extractor spring is another possibility.

Most Indian .303 rifles I've cleaned up showed signs of the extractor having been altered in attempts to improve ejection.
The 2A extractor is not the same as that used with the earlier SMLE rifles. The wrong ejector could be the problem.

Fly
06-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Well the spring in the extractor was broken.I have one on order.Thank all of you for the great
advice.
Fly