PDA

View Full Version : Friendship

Boz330
06-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Went to Friendship yesterday with my Godson and met a good friend there as well. Got to put a few shots down range with my new Gibbs rifle. This rifle has just amazed me with it's accuracy. I was shooting the Mini Creedmore targets at 500yds. 451 Pete was spotting for me and the sight setting was a SWAG. After the first shot I came down 8MOA and left 4MOA and shot a 3 on the outside steel. After the next correction I was never off of the 4 steel the rest of the string. The wind was pretty strong but reasonably steady.
Also had the pleasure of meeting Dirt Farmer as well and had a long conversation with him, both men are real gentlemen and very helpful. After shooting we adjourned to Pete's campsite for some adult beverages and he invited us to stay for some good German Bratwurst but we had to get back. Great day to play hooky from work. To quote Skeeter Skelton "Great friends, great guns, and great whiskey (actually beer)".

The mini Creedmore targets are the square black and white plates in the picture.

Bob

Boerrancher
06-13-2012, 12:59 PM
All I can say is I wish I was there. Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes,

Joe

RhodeHunter
06-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I'll second that.

Fly
06-13-2012, 05:08 PM
DAM I planned coming & family stuff came up.But come fall I will
make that one.I really want to meet you guy's & need help with
my Gibb's also.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fly[smilie=s:

Boz330
06-13-2012, 06:34 PM
DAM I planned coming & family stuff came up.But come fall I will
make that one.I really want to meet you guy's & need help with
my Gibb's also.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fly[smilie=s:

Pete asked me if you were coming but I didn't know. It was one beautiful day yesterday though. Friendship is just kind of a special place, sort of like Cheers were everybody knows your name or if they don't you are still a friend.
Pete asked me if I was shooting my homemade in the Gibb's, I was tempted to say yes, but I didn't. Still trying to learn the quirks of the rifle at this point. Still can't load quick enough to shoot it in a match. You only get about 3 minutes a shot.

Bob

Hubertus
06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
It is indeed a very special place.

I had the pleasure at the last weekend, to met with Pete and DIRT_Farmer and a couple of others. It was such a good time and actually I didn't want to go back to work...

If I could just go again the next weekend.
Everybody thinking about doing it - don't think any longer - you got to experience this.

Hubertus

Boz330
06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
It is indeed a very special place.

I had the pleasure at the last weekend, to met with Pete and DIRT_Farmer and a couple of others. It was such a good time and actually I didn't want to go back to work...

If I could just go again the next weekend.
Everybody thinking about doing it - don't think any longer - you got to experience this.

Hubertus

Michael, DF showed me your Trade gun while we were talking and made a comment about you being hooked. I have been wanting one of Tip's guns for awhile but this Gibbs Rifle got in the way. It will get really bad when hunting season opens which is what I really want to do with it. Really need to dig through the safe and get rid of the safe queens. The Gibbs has been a lot of fun so far especially since my shooting buddies have saved me a bunch of headaches with their trials and tribulations.

Bob

Hubertus
06-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Bob,

well hooked is the right word.
DF did a good job on that one.

I just had to have one. Over the pond the smoothbores are not so common at all so that was basically my only chance to own one - I hear you with the funding problems.

A pitty we have missed each other in Friendship.

Hubertus

Mike Brooks
06-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Started going there in 1980. Quit about 2006 or 7. Just not the same place it used to be. Sad really.:(

DIRT Farmer
06-16-2012, 09:46 PM
No Mike, it'ts not the same, some ways worse some ways better. It's still Friendship even though some of the old talent has died off. Lucky for the rest of us they passed the knowlage on. I have been going since 1967 and have seen a lot of changes.

Bob it was great meeting you, hope to see you again. Did I mention falling in the evil clutches of the long range shooters and spending an evening being liberaly plyed with high grade adult beverages while seeking enlightment myself?

Mike, I enjoyed spending time with you, I'm glad you enjoyed your time there. I hope I passed some information on to you. Your welcome in my camp any time. I just got home a little while ago. The medal hunt was weak on my part this trip. I got kicked off the score board several times but good compataion is what makes us all better shooters.

Fly and Joe and others, the welcome mat is always out, The place can bee a little confusing at first, but if you know someone it makes the navagation easier. I even brought steak and hambuger home because I diden't have enough visitors.

DIRT Farmer
06-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Mike will you still be here over June 29-30 and July 1?

Hubertus
06-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Mike will you still be here over June 29-30 and July 1?

Unfortunately not.

Thank you again for the time, knowledge and everything else.
I will gladly take your open invitation - hopefully it will work out again.

Mike