PDA

View Full Version : baikal MP18

Jamesconn
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Im going to get a gun for my birthday and I narrowed it down to the baikal MP18 or the mosin nagant 91/30. I chose the shotgun because 12ga is more available than 7.62x54R and when you reload and cast you can do many more things with it.

I found it on cheaper than dirt for about $91 bucks, but I dont want to go through the waiting and paperwork from purchasing a gun online. I dont mind paying a bit extra if it means less paperwork and instant gratification.

I would also prefer the wood stock but synthetic is fine. Does anybody know what retail stores sell this gun?

If I cant find the baikal locally but I can find the mosin Ill probably buy the mosin instead and buy the baikal later but I havent even seen mosins down here.

odfairfaxsub
06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
id personally ask for a NEF shotgun. made in america and built heavy. and they can be had for 120 for any choke type you want

Jamesconn
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I cant find them anywhere for 120 bucks and i like the design of the baikal that lever that breaks the gun and the internal hammer and the ejector works good or you can switch it to let you pick the hull out by hand.

Jamesconn
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
can you shoot slugs from a MP18?