PDA

View Full Version : Recoil pad for baikal MP 18

Jamesconn
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm getting a baikal MP18 12ga for my birthday I've heard single shots are pretty rough with recoil I know it's cheap but I don't want to bruise myself everytime I shoot it.

Any recommendations?

Mk42gunner
06-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Felt recoil depends more on stock design and fit than on the type of gun. It also depends on the loads.

If it won't make the stock too long for you, a cheap slip on pad from Walmart can help.

Robert

Blacksmith
06-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Also hold it tight against your shoulder and allow your body to move with the recoil to absorbe the shock.

koehn,jim
06-12-2012, 10:05 AM
You can also take a standard recoil pad and screw it on and sand to fit. It isnt hard to shorten a stock to compensate for the length of the pad. If you grow you can also add a short section to lengthen the stock. There are also weights that can be added in the stock holes to improve balance and cut down on recoil. Happy birthday.

Jamesconn
06-12-2012, 01:14 PM
hmm ill ask my local gunsmith what he can do to dampen the recoil. I want to make really heavy loads and I wanat to make really light loads I want to experiment you can do many different things with a shotgun. I just dont want to hurt myself Ive heard from my friends about how their father shot a 7mm mag and permanently screwed up his shoulder.

koehn,jim
06-12-2012, 04:07 PM
If you hold it correctly you are not going to screw up your sholder. There are a couple of 7mm mags with shorter stocks that hurt but you have to be holding them wrong to do real damage. Installing a recoil pad is a do it yourself project, all you need is patience and a sander or a file. Go on youtube and there are videos, its easy to do.