PDA

View Full Version : What are Pentas' ???

10 Spot Terminator
06-11-2012, 12:55 AM
When talking about multi option moulds with various pins to make solid or HP casts what are they refering to when state can make Pentas' as well ??? When I quit learning I will be toes down for the big count .

10 Spot

BattleRife
06-11-2012, 01:21 AM
"Penta" is short for pentagonal hollow pointing pins. They produce 5-sided hollow points, such as is seen in the bullet on the right in this photo:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii102/BattleRife/Showing%20Off/IMG_1562a.jpg

MtGun44
06-11-2012, 01:44 AM
They turn out like this if you do it right.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=161&pictureid=2905

Bill

10 Spot Terminator
06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
DANG !!! Those are some pretty gruesome HP style boolits . Thanks for showing the pics guys . If a picture is worth a thousand words... how come I was speechless when I first viewed them ???

10 Spot

Stick_man
06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
DANG !!! Those are some pretty gruesome HP style boolits . Thanks for showing the pics guys . If a picture is worth a thousand words... how come I was speechless when I first viewed them ???

10 Spot

10 Spot, it is because the picture took up your 1000 words and then some. The "pentas" are true beauty when casting. I have them in a couple molds and the regular round pins have never even seen lead yet. Probably never will.

BattleRife and MtGun44, great pics. Thanks for posting them.

:2_high5:

Elkins45
06-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Does anybody besides Miha produce the penta pins? The only ones I've ever seen have been on MP molds.

hicard
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
No Elkins45, and if you have never gotten a Miha brass cramer mold, you are in for a shock. They are so beautiful, that most people hate to dirty them up the first time they cast with them. Works of art they are.

Hang Fire
06-12-2012, 10:35 AM

10 Spot

Actually they are made that way so if boolit gets stuck, one can take a special allen type wrench and unscrew them. (;>)

Elkins45
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
No Elkins45, and if you have never gotten a Miha brass cramer mold, you are in for a shock. They are so beautiful, that most people hate to dirty them up the first time they cast with them. Works of art they are.

I know. I have two of them, and I'm signed up for a third..and trying really hard to resist a fourth!

They are truly works of functional art, and the fact that Miha is a great guy doesn't hurt either.