PDA

View Full Version : BTSniper 22 cal swage die offer

Pages : [1] 2

BT Sniper
06-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I am proud to offer what I think may be the best package set of dies available to turn 22LR brass into perfect 22 cal bullets using any decent reloading press.

Please refer to my available products and current prices thread for current offered price

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?183513-Available-products-and-current-prices

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070540.jpg

BTSNIPER 22 CAL SWAGE DIES

I realize the cost of these dies represents a substantial investment and I am willing to work with you guys concerning payment options. I am here for you guys. I am happy to accept half up front and half when your dies are ready. Or even 3 separate payments. At a minimum a $400 deposit is required to secure a position on my work order list. I'll even consider Savage long action receivers or complete rifles in partial trade.

Dies come with 30 day (from date of final delivery) money back guarantee, if not completely satisfied simply return for full refund. Life time warrantee with all BTSniper tools and dies against defects (does not cover neglect or abuse). International orders add $95 for shipping and handling.

Now before anyone gets sticker shock please read on!

Take a good look at everything you get. I include everything but the lead pot and kitchen sink (I recomend the Lee 20# bottom poor) .

Included in a complete set up purchase is everything you need to get started making quality bullets from either 22LR brass or commercial jackets, contents are as follows

-derim die
-core swage die
-core seat die
-point form die (either 6s or 9s)
-auto ejection system to fit any press. New threaded ram top is available for those that intend to use the Lee Classic Cast press otherwise the clamp style ejector is provided as standard with standard shell holder type base punches.
- 11 cavity core mold that will drop cores between 50-52 grains that will be swaged to an exact weight to produce perfect bullets of 57.0 grains or less.
-enough swage lube for at least 1000 bullets or more
-extra cores and jackets as well as proof bullets formed in your exact die
- written instructions and step by step examples to provide the best experience possible
- NEW "control" bullet for error free set up of the point form die

Even if you are a first time swager you will be able to make perfect bullets with these dies.

Research other dies of this quality and I am positive you will see that this is a very good offer. I'll put the quality of these dies and bullets they make up against anyone's, including Corbin's. Theses dies are made from quality 4140 steel and professionally heat treated to 49RC than a superior Chromium Nitride treatment is applied to the entire die set making it very strong and ware resistant. When you look close and figure in all the advantages this complete set up has to offer the potential savings makes it an even more attractive offer.

You get to use any decent reloading press that you most likely all ready have, no need to alter anything or buy an expensive swaging press. You cast your own cores from a perfect Lee commercial quality mold, no need to buy lead wire, extrusion dies or wire cutters. You get the reassurance of buying a quality set of dies from an established member of this sight that has a proven record of customer satisfaction and quality products.

Read threw my threads on the results from these dies and the bullets they make. Check out the potential production rates I have shown in the videos of this post. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=152541 Research comments from my previous customers. I am positive you will be reassured by all the info you find.

My current delivery schedule is hard to estimate as I continue to take and fill orders. First shipment may take as long as 2-4 months and entire order may take as long as a year. Could be a lot sooner but I ask for good deal of patience from the customer as these dies do take me a good amount of labor to meet my standards. If you can allow me the time I need I will provide you with a perfect set of top quality dies that will make a life time supply of free bullets. Typically I will send as many dies as possible as soon as they are ready to get you all started with the first steps necessary for making these bullets. That way you are that much ahead when the rest of the dies arrive.

I am a stay home dad of wonderful twin 7 year old girls and married to a wonderful wife. My family will always come first, they are my full time job. These dies I offer are my income, all available time I have is dedicated to making these dies and running my BTSniper business. I make sure all my customers understand that the quality of these dies will always come first should I encounter any delays.

By purchasing any of my products you agree that I will provide you with the very best quality I can provide and that any given time frame is only a best guesstimate on my part and subject to change. If I fall behind I do my best to make it worth everyone's wait. I pride myself on my reputation and I will always do my best to get dies to customers in a timely manor.

I stand behind these dies and the bullets they produce. If you have ever considered the possibility of making your own 22 cal bullets and have been on the fence, JUMP NOW! Sell that riffle sitting in the back of your safe you haven't shot in years if need be.

Take back control of your shooting needs and have a great time while you are at it. There is a great deal of satisfaction in making and shooting your own bullets. Take your reloading and shooting to the next level! Make yourself a life time supplies of free bullets. I guarantee you will be glad you did.

I am happy to accept personal check, money order, paypal gift or paypal + %4 and credit card over the phone.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you. Please feel free to post here, send me a pm or email should you have any questions.

I am happy to accept orders at this time for this great set of dies. Funds can be sent at your convenience to the address posted below.

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian Thurner
PO Box 1783
Hood River, OR.

BTSNIPER LLC
541-436-4095

email and PayPal address is BT_Sniper@hotmail.com

plus1hdcp
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
PM Sent

R.Ph. 380
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Ha, PM sent as response to your other PM before I saw this post. Man, thanks for including the mold. Money Order being sent tomorrow morning.

Bill

63 Shiloh
06-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes, they look great Brian.

Now, stop playing around with this little stuff and do the same for 6.5 thru to .458"

You are on the clock mate :kidding:

Mike

BT Sniper
06-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Ahhh yes :) the .264 yummy! I have 500 rounds of 6.5x55 Lapua brass just waiting for some good 264 bullets. As funding permits I will order a reamer for .243, .264 and a vld .308. and then have dies ready to offer. Probably be first of next year. For those that are really patient making the core seat die and a sizing die to reduce comercial 30 cal jacket down to .264 is an easy task for me to complete a head of time but then one would be waiting a while for me to get the point form die done.

You guys down there still looking for a .366 set of dies?

The .458 reamer should be here tomorrow :) :) :) as well as the .475 and .500!

BT Sniper
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Ha, PM sent as response to your other PM before I saw this post. Man, thanks for including the mold. Money Order being sent tomorrow morning.

Bill

Reply sent. Yes the core mold was really the last piece of the puzzle. Now it is a complete package. Just to be clear though. It is NOT a adjustable mold. It will drop cores in specific weights that will later need to be swaged in the core swage (bleed) die to desired weight. I could make all 11 cavities the same or I could drill a couple a bit deeper to give a heavier bullet option. Let me know what you guys think.

BT

Utah Shooter
06-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Now that is what I am talking about BT. I think that is starting to look like a pretty darn good price.

BT Sniper
06-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks Utah! They are not Niemi or Rorscharch but they don't cost as much as theirs do either. All I hope to do is be able to top Corbin in value, quality, production rates, delivery times and ease of use. But then I have never used or even seen any of their dies.

All I can do is offer my best. Wish I had more time to shoot more of these bullets :) Till then it looks like I'll be busy in the shop for a while.

BT

supe47
06-11-2012, 12:58 AM
PM sent.

DukeInFlorida
06-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Brian,
You are offering an amazing COMPLETE set for this swaging. Everything they would want is there. EVERYTHING!

Corbin charges that much for just the set of dies. You've included the core casting mold (50 grains per core should be sufficient), the auto ejection system, and the best die set (better than Corbin's!!!!!!!) out there.

A friend here in Maine has a Corbin set. His knockout pin is much larger in diameter, so his hollow point opening is HUGE. Your smaller pin allows for almost closed hollow points, which are more aerodynamically designed for accurate flight.

The same stuff that you are offering, from Corbin, would cost about $1250!

Yours is better, and costs less. Win-Win!!

Glad I was the guinea pig test case, and I am delighted with the results.

Many of the projectiles that I will be throwing downrange at that car shoot will be bullets made with BT's tools!

BT Sniper
06-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks Duke, glad the dies are working out well for you. I'll have more goodies for you soon including one of these free 11 cavity core molds.

Take no prisoners on your up coming shoot!

BT

mactool
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM
BTSNIPER 22 CAL SWAGE DIE PACKAGE
FREE SHIPPING & FREE 11 CAVITY CORE MOLD

$800 TO YOUR DOOR
that sounds good, let me see:[smilie=1:
$800
-$185 oversees freight
-$344.75 ($985*35%(custom duties and salestax)
-$ 27 custom handling fee
total $218.25
Now that sounds like a fair price:drinks:
Where do I sign up

scarry scarney
06-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Brian

You are an evil man, but I like that!

Pm and payment sent. See pm for details.

Scarney

2ndAmendmentNut
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Going to have to scrape together the funds. Would be nice if the gooberment would give me my tax return.

BT Sniper
06-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Scarry,

Evil man .......... yep I know :)

PM reply sent.

Thanks for your support

2nd nut,

I'm not going anywhere "2nd nut". I'll have these dies to offer for many years to come. I better, I have gatered enough steel and materials now in inventory for over 600 dies. That should be enough to keep me busy for a couple years. Any time you are ready I'll have a set of dies ready to assemble for you.

Good shooting

Mac,

International S&H on my end should only be $75. A better plan is to get you back stateside. When ever you are ready I'll have a set of dies for you.

Swage On!

Brian

warf73
06-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Do you have a price for the die set only? I have everything you are showing just would need the dies.

VIbullets
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey Brian if you fasten a block to the bottom of one side of the mold that covers both halves, then you can drill and tap it for adjustable stops, drill your 0.188 holes right through the mold and turn spindles that you can screw in or out for different core weights, other then that it all looks good so far

BT Sniper
06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Yep, I plan to do just that for the adjustable molds.

Warf,

I'll have to think on it a bit. I'll send you a PM when I can.

BT

plamenti
06-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi Brian,

PM and payment sent :)

2ndAmendmentNut
06-18-2012, 10:43 PM
PM sent.

cba257
06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Brian-

OK I am in. PM sent.

BT Sniper
06-20-2012, 11:21 PM
All Pm's replied to. Thank you all for your support. You all are going to love these dies and making your own bullets.

I will always have plenty of these dies to offer so for anyone that has ever considered making your own 22 cal bulelts from scrap 22LR brass I can't think of a better offer or time to do so.

There are still slots availble for the first ten to receive the free core mold.

Good shooting and start gathering that 22lr brass.

BT

mdshunter
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Brian, Talk to me about your plans for the 458. What are you using for the jacket? Bullet weight and shape? Core etc. I am very interested for the 458wm.
thx, Mike
PS Assume I do not know anything about swaging, because I don't. :castmine:

BT Sniper
07-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Brian, Talk to me about your plans for the 458. What are you using for the jacket? Bullet weight and shape? Core etc. I am very interested for the 458wm.
thx, Mike
PS Assume I do not know anything about swaging, because I don't. :castmine:

I think I started a thread on the .458. If you don't find the answers you need feel free to send me a PM. The .458 looks awesome. Great bullets can be made from both the 40S&W or the 45 ACP. The 40 S&W will acomadate .458 bullets up to 350-375 grains and the 45 ACP will go BIG! I have made them up to 425 grains with a lead tip and still had plenty of room with the jacket for more lead at the tip before reaching the baring surface. any thing can be a core. I have been using 44 cal cast boolits. THe 45 ACP weights 80 grains and the 40 S&W weights 70 grains. Simply do the math with whatever cast boolit you wish to use for a core.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Good shooting

Brian

BT Sniper
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
7 of the first 10 offered package deals are spoken for. That leaves 3 more to qualify for the free core mold. I'll be happy to continue to take orders from everyone interested.

That makes 12 confirmed orders with the 5 I had before the package offer.

Thank you all for yoru patience. I'll be getting to them just as soon as I can.

My plan is to send everyone the core mold and derim die first to get you all started on making your 22 cal bullets from 22lr brass. Hope eveyone is collecting the 22lr brass and getting it cleaned up. Also collect some lead (soft is best up to 10bnh).

Thank you all for your support

Good shooting and Swage On!

Brian

cba257
07-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I think that is great to send out the derim die and core mold in advance. Thank you Brian!!

BT Sniper
07-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Your welcome. IF I was really good I would be able to send the core swage too. THose still need to be machined and will be sent off with teh rest of the dies so chances are by the time the core swage is ready so will be the rest of the dies.

I'll do my best.

Thank you all for your support and patience with these 22 cal dies.

Good shooting

Brian

BT Sniper
08-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Update.

I received all the blank core molds and handels and will be boring them out soon. I expect and hope to have all core molds and derim dies sent by end of next month and still expect to have all orders completed and dies to your door by christmas or sooner.

I also extended the free core mold and free shipping till end of day 8-15-12. Anyone that wants to get in on this great offer plese feel free. I have nearly 20 orders so there will be a few more free molds going out then just the first 10 I mentioned.

After 8/15/2012 S&H will be $20, standard core mold will be $100 and adjustable core mold will be $150

I made these changes to orginal offer in bold type on first post of this thread.

I'll be able get dies to all customers by christmas for everyone that places orders before end of September.

I'll be happy to take orders indefinatly! I have plenty of these dies to offer and will always be able to make more.

Just an update on shooting these bullets. I went out shooting last weekend and made a first round cold bore hit on a snaple bottle (pop can size) target at 300 yrds with my 22 cal 55.8 grain bullets. Then I proceeded to shoot a 1.3" three shot group at 300 yrds with them. I'll post pics soon. Every time I go out and shoot, these bullets never fail to supprise me with their performance.

Thank you all for your support. I'll have derim dies and core molds sent out as soon as I can, probably closer to end of next month. This month is going to be pretty busy for me.

Brian

supe47
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Twiddlin' my fingers. Even bought a new rifle and scope for a testbed. And a new press. We all await patiently. This waiting is getting expensive.

Supe

BT Sniper
08-04-2012, 01:12 AM
I'll make sure it is worth everyone's wait.

My girls are back in school come the end of the month. That will clear up a LOT of time for me to work on eveyone's dies.

Thanks for all your support and patience.

Brian

Four-Sixty
08-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Brian,

Any possibility of there ever being a set up, or add on dies, to make .224 bullets in the 40 grain weight range? It could make the 5.7 much more economical to load to.

DukeInFlorida
08-15-2012, 06:57 PM
His current die set will do what you want. It's a matter of trimming the .22 LR brass to a shorter length, and making the cores lighter. Do those two things, and you should get 40 grain bullets with the current tools.

Four-Sixty
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
OK. That makes sense as I believe he has the option of an adjustable mold. But, you can already trim the brass cases shorter to match? Wonderful!

DukeInFlorida
08-16-2012, 04:13 PM
You can make or buy your own wire chopper to rough cut cores to whatever length/weight you want. The core swage die set makes the rough formed pieces precise. I made a chopper from nothing more than two pieces of angle iron, with a pivot point (bolt through that for the pivot), and hole drilled through for the wire to fit in. I made a simple adjustable stop to handle the length. I clamp that to my bench and chop away at the wire.

For trimming the .22 brass, the simplest way is to use a punch / pinch die. I'll find the thread where it's shown. They're easy to make, and use. With it, you can pinch punch the tiny brass pieces to any length, without spinning blades to worry about.

UPDATE: Here's that thread where you are shown how to easily and simply trim .22 brass to a shorter length.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=74051&highlight=trim+.22+brass

newcastter
08-16-2012, 08:16 PM
It also comes with a core swage die so you could even use a pair of snips to cut the molded cores to "close" to proper size then swage them to exact size/weight

Dakine
08-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi Brian, any chance you'll be extending the offer again? :)

fredj338
08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
OK. That makes sense as I believe he has the option of an adjustable mold. But, you can already trim the brass cases shorter to match? Wonderful!

If you do not want to trim brass cases & have access to 22 shorts, that might get you there. Porblem, most people do not shoot 22 short anymore.

DukeInFlorida
08-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Out of a recent 5 gallon bucket full (not sure how many thousands that is) of .22 LONGS, I only found five shorts.

If you do not want to trim brass cases & have access to 22 shorts, that might get you there. Porblem, most people do not shoot 22 short anymore.

gvanzeggelaar
08-19-2012, 01:40 PM
BT can you check your PM's

BT Sniper
08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Current offer updated and price is good now threw atleast the end of the year. I had to add S&H as well as funding to cover cost of the core mold.

This offer has no experation and I'll be happy to take anyone's order that is interested. I still plan to have all orders, place by end of Sept, to your door by Christmas.

Brian

sargenv
08-31-2012, 01:22 PM
What size are the cores being dropped from the core mold?

BT Sniper
08-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I got a .180 reamer and the core swage die is .188

Haven't starting casting any cores yet but as long as they are under .188 we will be good to go.

BT

BT Sniper
09-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Starting to cut and bore the core molds. Results are looking PERFECT! Machining the derim dies will be next.

Thanks for all your patience, it will be well worth your wait. I'm going as fast as I can :)

Here is some pics for you all showing the machine work and cast core results.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070898.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070896.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070899.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070902.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070884take2.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070891take2.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070890.jpg

DukeInFlorida
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Brian, the molded cores look sweet.

Have you tried core swaging any yet? Getting good weight yield?

BT Sniper
09-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Yep! results are perfect! Even got the core swage die lower in the press so you are not risking pinched fingers guiding teh core into the die. I'll have one of each for you soon!

I need to weight all the cores I cast that night. I cast for only one hour exactly. Must of been about 12-15 lbs worth if a full pot is 20lbs.

Lets see the cores where about 48 grains, that is about 145 cores per pound times 12lbs = 1750 cores!!!! That will be quite a bit of shooting! and I think I was going fairly slow!

I'll keep everyone posted

Thanks

Brian

supe47
09-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Patiently twiddlin' my thumbs. Supe

R.Ph. 380
09-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Drooling here....................................

plus1hdcp
09-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Can't wait

BT Sniper
09-22-2012, 10:34 AM
The dies are coming together very nicly. I perfected the core swage die for perfect ease of operation. The core mold works great! The swaged cores are all within a tenth or two (at max) of a grain of each other. The dies are ............. well......... Perfect!

I'm currently finishing up one complete set I had in stock for a previous customer's order before I officialy made this lattest package price offer. It has been a couple months since I made any 22 cal bullets and I got to say I impressed even myself with the ease and quality of the bullet this die set is putting out! You all will be very pleased with the operation of these dies and the bullets they make.

Thank you all for your patience. I'll have you all core molds and derim dies just as soon as I can so you all can start the process of making these bullets. I just got to finish up a couple more back orders first. I'm getting there and will go as fast as I can. I still expect to have all these 22 cal dies ready to ship by Christmas. I'll do my best.

By the way....... I just annealed a few thousand cases in my self cleaning oven on the clean cycle and they turned out perfect! I used a large pizza sheet that had small holes in the bottom I got from wallmart. I think the oven backed annealed jackets make a better looking bullet then jackets annealed with a dirrect flame. I'm going to try the clean lead pot method of annealign the cases next and let you all know how it works. Might be a good way to do it too since spare pot inserts can be founf or the lee 20# pot for only $15 or so. Simply swap between pots for melting lead or clean pot for annealing jackets.

Good shooting!

Brian

fredj338
09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
The mold looks great Brian! At 11 cores a cast, you could easily do 1500+ cores an hour. I've got a spare Lee pot ready to try annealing jackets. So yep, can't wait to get started.

DukeInFlorida
09-22-2012, 03:52 PM
My suggestion for processing the .22 LR brass is to wet tumble them with stainless steel media, and then rinse well before derimming.

By wet tumbling them, you are removing all that dangerous chemical stuff that you might not otherwise want in your self cleaning oven. After the wet tumble with SS media, a rinse, and derimming, the anealing of the brass is just that ..... annealing clean and shiny brass.

No safety issues regarding the chemicals.

I'd suggest that if you don't wet tumble with the SS media, you NOT put the derimmed brass in your home food cooking oven. At least, I wouldn't.

BT Sniper
09-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Just a progress update

Here is a pic of just a portion of all the supplies I have on hand to fill all of your orders with.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070979tk2.jpg

I have all the supplies I need to fill every order and then a lot more, atleast 100 complete sets or more! Got all the dies machined and are currently in the "solid" state needing to be bored for derim dies, core swage dies, core seat dies and point form dies. All the ejection systems are machined and painted ready to ship. Also have all the Lee solid blank molds to fill all my orders, just need to finish machine work on them.

I'll have derim dies sent just as soon as I put them together so you all can start the process of making these great bullets.

Thank you all for your patience and support. You all will be very pleased with your purchase.

Brian

BT Sniper
09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
For those of you with confirmed orders that intend to use the Lee Classic Cast or RCE press for making these bullets, if you could please PM me to let me know and I will provide you the tools necessary to use threaded base punches. I'll do my best to sort threw my records and past PMs to confirm which press everyone said they will be using but a simple reply from those of you that will be using this Lee Classic Cast or RCE presses will certianly speed up my process. Otherwise I'll provide traditional shell holder style base punches.

Brian

DukeInFlorida
09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Brian, you need a secretary! lol

A Excel spreadsheet with the specs for each person's order would probably make sense.

Looks amazing (the piles of goodies!)

BT Sniper
09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Yep my wife is working on it :) She's putting a data base together for me.

BT

kickboxing
09-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi, I would like an estimate for the acquito a set of swaging dies :)

I would, however, that the shape is that of bullets Sierra 175gr HPBT (.308 winchester cal)

thanks

Salvo

Lizard333
09-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Yep my wife is working on it :) She's putting a data base together for me.

BT

What would we do without our better half's?!?!?! ;)

BT Sniper
09-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Well said! I probably would have never figured out the internet! :) She has the smarts when it comes to computers.

BT

R.Ph. 380
09-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Brian, remember that old saying, "The hurrier I go, the Behinder I get!"

BT Sniper
10-16-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm getting caught up on my back orders that where placed before the 22 cal package offer. It is only the delay of getting caught up that is keeping me from working on the 22 cal packages. Soon though! I finished 4 back orders this weekend and look to have only about the same left to go before I am caught up to the point when I took these orders for the 22 cal packages. Got a few 30 cal dies still to finish up, should have those done very soon (been a while on these, yes I know, but I have included an upgrade to the point form die, it will be AWESOME). Then I got one 22 cal set for a customer that ordered a while back all set to go.

I did spend all day today working on the 22 cal core molds just to change the pace a bit. I made some great progress on nearly 20 of these molds. I expect I'll have them finished up before end of the week. With another good day in the shop like I had today I should get all the derim dies finished very soon as well.

I know I wanted to get you all the derim dies and core molds before end of Sept. and at the moment it looks like I should have them ready very soon. Just to let you all know I am working on all of your orders and the progress looks great. I still believe I am on track to get caught up on all back orders and still finish these 22 cal sets with delivery by christmas. I'll certainly do my best. I can tell you all the results are looking very good!

Thank you all for your patience and support. It will not be much longer and I'll make sure your wait is worth it.

Brian

DukeInFlorida
10-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks, Brian, for the update. While sitting in the hospital, I am allowing my mind to wander towards the things I like to do. Swaging bullets is high on that list.

fredj338
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks Brain, look forward to some winter swaging on the weekends. Not that we have terrible weather in Socal, about the only thing that works here is the weather.

BT Sniper
10-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Just finished 15 of the 11 cavity core molds. Now to finish up the derim dies and get them on their way to you all.

Thanks

Brian

R.Ph. 380
10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
See, I told Duke that he didn't have to worry about scams and all that.........hehehe

I'm just trying to save up enough for the 40 to 45 swaging die set

Bill

BT Sniper
10-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I'll have some more pics to post soon.

BT

BT Sniper
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Making progress. I have 15 of the core molds all polished, cleaned and boxed up. Now to machine the derim dies and get them to you all as soon as I can.

BT

R.Ph. 380
10-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Making progress. I have 15 of the core molds all polished, cleaned and boxed up. Now to machine the derim dies and get them to you all as soon as I can.

BT

I'm anxious, but I think you are more worried than we are. You're doing such a perfectionist job, we can't help but be pleased...

Bill

BT Sniper
10-22-2012, 06:45 PM
It can be a bit stressful keeping everyone waiting anxiously for their orders but I'm very pleased with the results as well as my pace and progress. Everyone of these core molds I had second thoughts that I should be keeping any one of them for myself because they are that much better then what I use. That is when I know I have done my job and will feel proud to offer these products. If I don't for a split second think I should keep it for myself because it is that good I don't offer it.

I'll keep you all posted.

Brian

Salmon-boy
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Brian, We've seen pictures.. You keep talking about the final product being better than we expect. We see more pictures.... And get excited.. :-)

I for one can be patient. (Mostly because I've got a lot of other things on my plate.) I still need to put a bench together that can withstand swaging. Having seen Duke demo your 40 to .44 one step dies I'm certain it will be worth the wait.

DukeInFlorida
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Hey, Chuck!
You'll be very busy with swaging once your tools arrive.

How's the mountain of lead doing???

If you haven't heard, I have developed cancer, and will be spending this winter also in Maine (again). I hope that you have developed a way to process all that lead.

Brian, I am comfortable that you are doing what you are doing, at a careful pace, allowing yourself to be with family, and keeping yourself happy and healthy. We don't want you burning out. We will continue to see (products and pictures) of wonderful things.

Salmon-boy
10-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Duke,
I'll PM you so as to not hijack this thread.. The pile does seem like a mountain, but I'm chippin' away at it.

Brian,
As a former workaholic myself (and as Duke reminds all of us) take time for your family!

BT Sniper
11-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm making great progress. Working on all orders daily. This weekend was spent making several base punches.

I'm making extra sets of everything with the plan to have this great die package in stock for quicker sales.

Thank you all for your patience.

Brian

newcastter
11-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Ya I have feeling your orders may take off very soon if they already havn't.

ErikO
11-11-2012, 04:55 AM
I've got the lead and brass, now to get the funds together for the kit. I'll get the couple of 5.7 cases I have kicking around over to you like I promised on FB. ;) Not many, but I doubt you'd say no to free brass I don't need, right?

BT Sniper
11-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Finished up all the Lee threaded ram tops last night. Will be putting the the derim dies together today. I will be suppling you guys with two seperate punches for the derim die, one is .005 smaller then the standard one I use. The smaller one will be easier to derim with, the larger one will iron out the fold of the rim a bit better. You guys can give me some feed back with which one you like better.

I want to get the derim dies and core molds in the mail to you all just as soon as I can. I should be boxing them up by end of this up coming week so you can can have them over the Thanks Giving holiday.

Thanks for your support and patience.

BT

supe47
11-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Hot-dam. Maybe get the die in time to use as a turkey-worker-offer. I cook Thanksgiving dinner so the day will be full but, there's always the night. Thanks Brian. Pounds and pounds of brass ready to derim.
Supe

plus1hdcp
11-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Great news!!!!!!

BT Sniper
11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm hard at work, in the shop right now actually. Allmost got all the derim dies done. Then I need to cut the base punch to length and machine the shell holder shape to the base.

BT

fredj338
11-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Cool! I look forward to some Thxgiving core casting & jacket prep.

Capt. Senile
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
BT, a question.

Will your dies make FMJ type bullets?

BT Sniper
11-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Well...... they will make bullets. It is up to the operator as to what type. Kind of vague I know. I have made a few FMJ with the 22LR jacket. I don't really recomend it since the dies work so much better making traditional bullets as they where designed to do. There is more pressure involved and more stress on your equipment attempting to make FMJ. Again I don't recomend those of you soon to have these dies to even bother with attempting FMJ bullets with these dies.

The trick is getting the base of the bullet to form up just right since the lead will be displaced down toward the base of the bullet.

So what is the appeal of FMJ bullets in 22 cal? The only logical explanation I can think of is .......... because some reg or shooting range requires it???? I really don't know? I have heard others that want penitration......... why not use a 30 cal then? If you just want to match the Millitary load with the FMJ then why not simply make the bullet the traditional way like a Sierra Match King that the millitary get away with. I have had other customers mention they wanted to "match" the performance of their "go to bullets," I think you all will find that when you start making yoru own bullets you will start to compare other bullets to yours rather then the other way around.

Not needing FMJ bullets myself I need someone to shed some light on the subject for me. If the need is truely justified and traditional bullets will not work for the shooter then I suppose I could look into attempting to perfect FMJ bullets.

??????

I look forward to coments

BT

fredj338
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Out to 300yds, a 55gr bullet is a 55gr bullet IMO. There jsut isn't much diff in shooting a FMJ vs HP vs SP, BT or FB.

BT Sniper
11-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Sent out three packages today. Should have more tomorrow and the rest of the majority on Monday. The three lucky ones where those using the Lee CC press, only becasue I had all the threaded base punches finished. I'll be finishing up the shell holder type punches tomorrow.

In the first package you guys will receive the following,

Derim die with two different size base punchs for your experimentation.
11 cavity Core mold with handels
Auto Ejection system with new ram top for those using the Lee CC

Also included is the complete set of instructions for the entire operation of these dies, swage lube for all the swaging tasks and a stick of boolit lube to be used on the contact points and hinges of the core mold.

I'll have more to post and update soon.

BT

fredj338
11-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Brian, I got some lanolin from Randy with the intent of using some to make swaging lube. Is a 50/50 lanolin/castor oil about right? I assume a double boiler setup would work to combine the two & then pour up & let cool? Hopefully I will get mine before Thxgiving so I can play a bit.

BT Sniper
11-16-2012, 04:35 AM
I didn't mix that much castor oil in my mix........ well maybe I did????? certainly not by weight but maybe by volume.

Let me look up my mix rate. I'll have to look it up later but I would say maybe 1- 2 oz max castor oil per lb of anhydros lanolin. I think I did 8 oz of castor oil to 5 lbs of lanolin. So do the math.... should be about right for 1-2 oz per lb.

Experiment a little to achieve the desired viscosity of the mix. I supply 1/2oz of swage lube with all my orders. That will be enough to complete nearly 1,000 pases threw a die or more.

I used a small cheap crock pot to mix mine in.

BT

R.Ph. 380
11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
You boys stay up much later than I do.

fredj338
11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks Brian, I'll experiment a bit. Sounds like very little oil, but will give it a go.

algunjunkie
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
A 50/50 mix will work well but will become a liquid round 90 degrees. So if you use this mix you have to keep it cool.

BT Sniper
11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Two more packages sent today.

BT

runfiverun
11-16-2012, 08:53 PM
i use 2 parts lanolin to 1 part castor oil.
i weigh the lanolin and use liquid for the castor.
it's not so sticky and smears better for me that way.
i just melt the lanolin and pour in the castor oil.
microwave works fine, i make it in a glass jar with screw on lid for storage.
and scoop some out into a cut off plastic thingy for use.

BT Sniper
11-16-2012, 09:13 PM
That sounds pretty good too!

BT

Gunto
11-17-2012, 04:06 AM
BT, I have PM`d to you, but still have no answer!
Have a nice day!
Guntis

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I've been very busy trying to get orders out the door before the Thanks Giving holiday. I get quite a few pms and emails and try my best to keep up. I'll get to all unanswered PMs as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience.

BT

gvanzeggelaar
11-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I loaded some 60 grainers up over some H335 and shot a 10 shot group that was just over an inch.

These were not the best projectiles I made and I did no load development up to this point.

I think shooting MOA or less is quite achievable with these dies.

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
10 shot group at an inch at 100! Great start! With 22lr brass jackets. I'm sure you will be able to cut that size down by half after a bit of load development and fine tune your bullet production a bit. What is your typical groups from commerical 60 grain bullets out of that same gun and load? I always try to shoot some factory bullets at the same time as I am testing the accuracy of my custom bullets as a control.

Thanks for the report. I sent you a couple PMs.

What where the specs? Gun? Twist rate? Wind? Caliber? pics?

Good shooting swage on!

BT

starbits
11-17-2012, 06:32 PM
WooHOO!! Package arrived today with core mold and handles, derim die, and auto ejection system. Everything looks great, Thanks Brian

Starbits

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Wow! That was quick. I just sent it on Thursday. Got to love USPS flat rate priority shipping.

Your welcome.

I just finished up all the shell holder base punches and will have everyone's package sent on monday for this first portion of the complete 22 cal package.

I made some boolit lube popsicles and included them in the core mold box. Looks like one of those orange foam ear plugs on a stick. With the mold hot just touch it to the parts of the mold that may rub against each other, like the allignment pins, top spure plate at the bolt, handle bolt, etc. I think the Lee instructions mention this as well. The "lube on a stick" I provided you guys with should be enough for nearly a years worth of casting, a little goes a long ways. Don't get any in the core cavities and be sure to keep those cavities free from scratches or dings.

Be sure to read all instructions before using any of the tools I have sent you guys. The instructiosn are in the box in a flat rate envalope.

BT

supe47
11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Patiently twiddlin' my thumbs.
Supe

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Sent yours yesterday. Should be there Monday

BT

supe47
11-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Woo Hoo. (BIG SMILE) Many thanks, Supe.

BT Sniper
11-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Quick note....

if the 22lr brass sticks to the derim punch the derim die is too high in the press. Lower it slightly in the press till the jacket no longer sticks to the punch.

if the cores fail to fall from the core mold with ease the mold is probably not hot enough. Usually a simple push from a gloved finger or the supplied popsicle stick will free the lead core from the mold. Do not use any metal objects to push on stuck lead cores! You do not want to damage the alunimum cavities of the mold.

I'm sure there will be plently more questions as everyone gets there dies. Go slow, read the instructions, feel free to post questions here, most likely somone here knows the answer. Most important don't let yourself get frustrated with anything, not that there is anything to get frustrated about :) but I should know..... nothing good comes from frustration when trying to make bullets. Take a break and come back to it again later if you find yourself having difficulty with anything, or simply give me a call. I have experienced more then my fair share of challenges when it comes to making bullets.

I'll be out of office at inlaws for the week of Thanks Giving but will most likely be checking in here while I'm gone.

Thanks for all your support.

BT

Salmon-boy
11-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Oooh! I guess that means it's time to get off my behind an make some time to replace my bench top!

supe47
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
My first package arrived today. The mold cavities are dinkie. When I slid the sprue plate aside it actually made me giggle. Read time tonight, play time tomorrow. Thanks Brian.
Supe

BT Sniper
11-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Your welcome.

Yes they are not very big. It's all a matter of what your used to though. After a couple days with this mold you might be looking at those 38s and thinking, Man those are hugh. :)

Sent 15 more packages today. A lot of you will be receiving goodies on Wednesday so be sure and check your door steps.

Brian

plus1hdcp
11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Package arrived today!!!! I am very pleased, set up the derim die and have began my journey into the 22LR swage world. I hope to find some time tomorrow to setup my casting pot and make some cores. I actually think receiving the derim/core mold before the swage dies is a good idea as I will have time to process the cases and molds.

scarry scarney
11-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Thank you Brian. Looking forward to finding an early Christmas goodie on the door step. Congrats on the LLC!

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks!

Have fun guys! I worked pretty hard to get these all out to you as soon as I could. Yes you guys should have a montain of brass and cores ready by the time the next package arrives. This was my plan for you all from teh beginnning. Of course my plan was to have this first shipment to you two months ago too. :) I allready got 36 core swage dies machined. Whether I send them to heat treat before the rest of the dies or not is still to be determined. Obviously it would be the next benificial tool for you guys to have.

I got word from a customer of mine that actually said deriming annealed cases produced perfect results with no problems. Obviously it would be easier to derim an annealed case but it seems to go against everything that has ever been said about deriming. Feel free to give it a try if you all like???? Maybe somthign has changed? maybe my dies are special, ha ha :) What I noticed in the past was that the annealed cases tend to either stick to the pin or the pin punhes threw the bottom of the case. Some times you bust threw the case anyways. Some brands of brass are more likly to do this then others.

One thing to note if I didn't mention it allready. If your derimed cases are sticking to the pin your die is not low enough in the press. Also Federal cases marked with a "F" is thicker in the base then any others. They will require additional force to derim.

Tose of you using the Lee CC adjust the arm of your press to take full advantage of the best leverage available for the deriming step.

Swage On!

Brian

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 02:32 AM
One more thing as you guys begine to cast your own cores. Differences in you alloy percentages (Pure lead vs. amount of other stuff in there ie. wheel wheight for example) will make variations in teh weight of your lead cores. Even after core swaging them, allthough the varration might only be a couple tenths of a grain but could be more. Try to keep you lead in the pot as consistant as you can from one batch to the next. It is best if you do not melt teh dirty lead in your nice casting pot. Melt it all in a big old pot over a fire outside and pore the clean lead into blackened muffin pans. Then you will have clean lead to melt in your lead pot.

Also differnet temps of the lead and teh mold will drop differnt weight cores. This is not so much of a concern as different percentages of alloy since the core swage die will even out teh weights of all the cast cores. Remember, the cast lead cores don't have to be perfect or pretty. They are going to get swaged in thd core swage die anyway.

BT

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Guys,

I'm putting together a fun potal shoot compitition taylored to using any bullet made from 22lr, 22mag or 17hmr brass. I invite all of you to participate. Of course i need to get your dies to you first :)

Check it out!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?171852-22lr-jacketed-postal-shoot-intrest

BT

supe47
11-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Hey Brian, your swage lube kinda smells like a lip balm I used to get as a kid. I like it. Feels like it's good for my hands also.
Supe

BT Sniper
11-20-2012, 06:30 AM
YEP! Anhydrous lanolin, castor oil, and a touch of two other secrete oils :) Might as well smell nice rather then sheeps wool.

BT

BT Sniper
11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Everyone get their package today?

R.Ph. 380
11-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Everyone get their package today?

Got mine in, just reading a bit. Got to get the tools out and start puttin' it all together. I'm a gonna have me sum fun for the next munth or so.................Wife said, "now you can stop checking the front porch every 15 minutes after you get home." Looks good Brian. Thanks.

Bill

scarry scarney
11-22-2012, 12:49 AM
I got a package, I got a package. Thanks Brian. They look great. I look forward to trying them out.

cba257
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow, I feel left out I didn't get a package. My birthday is Saturday.........

gvanzeggelaar
11-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Well here is my progress so far.

They have lyman media in the HP which is why they are have red in the tip. They are all 60gr which is a bit too heavy for making a HP out of 22lr brass. I think my next run I will drop down to 56gr so I can decrease the meplat a bit.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/gvanzeggelaar/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_2578.jpg

These four are some full metal jackets I made, works quite well. I can probably get them a bit more pointy.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/gvanzeggelaar/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_2577.jpg

And here are a pile of them with my Tavor. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/smilies/customs/guntootsmiley.gif

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/gvanzeggelaar/Gun%20Stuff/IMG_2581.jpg

scarry scarney
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
CBA57-Happy belated Birthday, did you get your package?

But of course, I'm one to talk. I haven't had the chance to try them out. I went back to work the 5th of Nov, and had to work Veteran's day and Thanksgiving! Today I cleaned the pool, had a turkey sandwich and put the tree up listening to Christmas music. Maybe next weekend....

Del-Ray
11-25-2012, 07:50 PM
This is driving me crazy! If I had just found this thread a few months ago I'd already have my dies!!! Argh!!!

From what I've been reading though; I'm going for the dies to make 44 from 40 cases. Once I have everything, it's possible to switch out the cores to make other calibers as well?

BT Sniper
11-26-2012, 01:56 AM
This is driving me crazy! If I had just found this thread a few months ago I'd already have my dies!!! Argh!!!

From what I've been reading though; I'm going for the dies to make 44 from 40 cases. Once I have everything, it's possible to switch out the cores to make other calibers as well?

I'm making extras with the hope to have some in stock for quicker sales. Got a lot of back orders to fill but certainly don't feel like anyone has missed out on anything. I am still putting these orders together.

As for the 44 swage die.... I'll be happy to set you up with anything you need. Send me a PM for details.

BT

Good looking bullets GVAN. Swage on!

CBA's Package will be inbound ASAP.

BT Sniper
12-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Core swage dies and core seat dies are all machined (36 dies each!)I'm taking them to heat treat on Monday. They should have them finished for me by Friday the 21st. Then I'll be busy with final polish and final assembly and out the door to you guys ASAP.

I have been working nonstop for 6 days strait just machining dies, all of them! Every die anyone has on order and extras. I must have 200+ dies going to heat treat in this batch.

If I get a head I will machine the point form dies too and take as many as I can to heat treat on Monday.

You guys can expect the core swage and core seat die in the next shipment very soon. The point form die will come last just as soon as possible. I'm almost there and the results are looking awesome! Thank you all for your support and patience. I hope you have gallons of 22 derimed brass and a ton of cast cores ready for teh next step.

Brian

nhrifle
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
While I am waiting on my dies from BT (thanks Brian for the hard work, BTW) I have a question for the creative minds among us. Has anyone tried filling the jacket with a measued volume of birdshot and seating that as a core? Seems that would make an outstanding varmint or frangible projectile.

newcastter
12-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Probably would work ok but shot is normally coated with graphite so you may have someone chime in with the core/jacket seperation theory or the core wont spin in sequence with jacket...to me most is myth unless you are doing something seriously wrong, dont forget the bullets are .224 so your barrel is getting a good grip on the projectile as it twist it down the barrel. If it were me I would put a torch on it after a light seat then put a final core seat...Im sure some will disagree but thats my 2 cents worth

nhrifle
12-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Good points. Maybe its just something to try and prove out. Might work in one rifle better than another. And may be something for extra light loads as presents for the vicious groundhogs that carouse in my garden:Bright idea:

BT Sniper
12-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Seems like I tried it at one time. I don't think I had desirable results, maybe my #6 shot was too big. Might work better with smaller shot, but i'm not going to go out and buy smaller shot. The critters will blow up just as well with the traditional soft lead cores

BT

runfiverun
12-17-2012, 03:29 AM
soft core and nose annealing the jaxket.
if you can get the lead right to the tip it really makes a difference.
i was tapping a piece of soft #6 shot in the tip of the hollowpoint.
those will launch a rock chuck about 17 different directions,and will vaporize a ground squirell at 2800 fps.

Lizard333
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I seem to remember ammmosmith did a video on this. It helps to promote core fragmentation. I think #6 is a little large. I imagine 8 or 9 was he used. When I use my RCE dies to FMJ's, I would put 6 pellets of 9 shot in the nose and put my core in, it would give the nose more strength to prevent nose deformation, when I formed the point.

Reload3006
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
go to youtube algunjunky and Ammosmith both talk about using birdshot as core I have done it lots of times. The most useful think I have found for birdshot cores is when making bullets using spent brass and add shot to the cores to make consistent weights. a shot core would be great in a commercial jacket but in my opinion not so great in 22lr jacketed bullets as they are pretty frangible already. if you use a soft lead for your core they pretty much blow up as the jacket is so thin already.

nhrifle
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Looks like I can take this as far as my imagination, and I have lots of time to think at work while the CNC is running. I will be submitting to yet another obcession.....:groner:

algunjunkie
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I have used bird shot many times. Good results with what I use.

I use pure lead 8 shot without graphite and have no problems. The cores hold together fine and accuracy is on par with most rounds that I used to buy. I use a graphite coating when I want serious fragmentation on target. Very similar to the old Blaser round that they sold in packs of 5 and charged out the ying yang. And I now only use graphite coating in pistol bullets just for that reason.

BT Sniper
12-19-2012, 02:51 AM
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/diesofftoheattreat_zpsf9dea3e1.jpg

More dies off to heat treat. 122 of them to be exact (3 not pictured). Each hole you see bored in those dies is within .001 of final bullet diameter. I'll polish and lap the rest to final daimeter when they come back from heat treat. Certainly been a lot of work but I'm getting there :)

BT

BT Sniper
12-19-2012, 03:07 AM
I realize the Holidays are fast approaching. I was hoping to get the complete set to all of you by now. I am sorry I will be delayed a few weeks but I am very pleased that I took the extra time needed to ensure these are the absolute best dies I can offer. I would much rather have you guys say "yeah I had to wait a little longer but the dies are perfect and amazing" rather then deliver sub par quality in a rush to you all. For making you all wait I appoligize but I can't cut corners on quality in any attempt to save time.

I also extended the intial package price offer of only ten dies to over 20 total customers that I will be delivering in the next few weeks, so I would hope some credit has to be given for doubling the number of dies in production while only delaying by a few weeks.

As you can see I have all the core swage and core seat dies going to heat treat. I completed a few of the point form dies today and mastered my technique. The results are better then any die I have made to date.

I finally had to say enough and send what I have now to heat treat so I can get your core swage dies to you or I would continue to work and add more to the stack to be treated. I have another 40-50 dies that only need a few last minute details then they will be ready for heat treat too. Like 30 more point form dies. I figure I'll have the next batch ready for heat treat a couple days after Jan 1.

It costs me a minimum of $200 for each trip to the heat treat so I'll be happy to send these 122 now and a nother 40-50 in 2-3 weeks.

Thank you all for your support and patience. I know many of you wish to shoot these bullets in my postal shoot. It is my goal to get you the dies in time to allow you to do so. I'll certainly do my best.

Good shooting, Swage On and Merry Christmas.

Brian

DukeInFlorida
12-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Obviously, they don't do the heat treat while you wait. So, there are two round trips involved.
THank you for the dedication and hard work that goes into the making of the die sets.

BT Sniper
12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
That would make it sound like $400 wouldn't it :)

Nope.... just the trip the dies make to the heat treat costs a minimum of the specified amount. Could be more this time. The most dies I ever sent at one time before was 70. I guess business is picking up :)

nhrifle
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Wow, those look nice! I'm also picturing a huge pile of chips on the shop floor!

Did I happen to see mine in there?:bigsmyl2:

BT Sniper
12-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Yep! Happiness is a large pile of chips! :) Filled half my 30 gallon trash can with it last week.

I'm sure yours is in there

BT

nhrifle
12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I can sympathize. I clean up that kind of mess nightly at work. All I can say is watch out, those are little razor blades and they have no problem slicing the heck out of you! Sometimes I feel like I rolled in a cactus patch!

scarry scarney
12-19-2012, 05:44 PM
BT

They look great! Your dies are worth the wait. I know that sooner or later the big brown truck will pull up front with me dies. Your skills amaze me. Swag on, and Merry Christmas.

MIBULLETS
12-19-2012, 08:29 PM
While I am waiting on my dies from BT (thanks Brian for the hard work, BTW) I have a question for the creative minds among us. Has anyone tried filling the jacket with a measued volume of birdshot and seating that as a core? Seems that would make an outstanding varmint or frangible projectile.

It works just fine even with the graphite. When you compress the shot it looks just like a solid core until it hits something. The graphite coating actually helps it come apart better on impact I think. I have shot them into water filled gallon milk jugs and only a few fragments made it out the back.

nhrifle
12-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Cheap frangible bullets might be good for shooting at steel plates, from a safety standpoint too. less chance of a riccochet.

R.Ph. 380
12-25-2012, 01:21 AM
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/btsniper/diesofftoheattreat_zpsf9dea3e1.jpg

more dies off to heat treat. 122 of them to be exact (3 not pictured). Each hole you see bored in those dies is within .001 of final bullet diameter. I'll polish and lap the rest to final daimeter when they come back from heat treat. Certainly been a lot of work but i'm getting there :)

bt

wow mom....................

pacomdiver
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Do you have a price for the die set only?

BT Sniper
12-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Everything one should need to know for cost posted in this thread in post #1

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?117577-BTSniper-Custom-Tools-and-Dies

Let me know if you still ahve any questions.

Thanks

Brian

BT Sniper
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I just updated post #1 of this thread with the cost of each component needed to complete this high quality set of dies. Hopefully this will help those of you interested and save you the time of tracking down all the needed dies and tools as well as cost.

Thanks

Brian

BT Sniper
01-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Quick update....

I just finished a set of 30 cal dies on order from early last year that took me a lot longer then expected. I was hoping to be done with them months ago. Now that they are done I have one set of 22 cal dies to a customer that ordered in the begining of last year as well to finish up and ship. I am hoping to, and should be done with his 22 cal set by end of weekend.

Then I am off to the races again with final assembly of twenty 22 cal core swage dies, 20 core seat dies and final machine work of 36 point form dies. Still have a couple more 30 cal dies to finish as well that where placed ahead of the 22 cal orders as well as many other various orders to complete. I'll do my best to stay on schedule and get dies out to all of you ASAP so you can start the next step of the process and ultimatly get you the remaining dies needed to complete your orders and get you making these great bullets.

I expect to have core swage dies to you all very soon. I will probably hold on to the core seat dies to ship with the point form die to ensure each die works together as a pair as it should be done. If I'm good I may possibly be able to start shipping the core swage dies by end of next week and start shipping the remaining core seat dies and point form dies by the end of this month. Completed core seat and point form dies will be sent in in order of orders recieved so obviously the higher you are on teh list the sooner you can expect the completed 22 cal set. That is my plan and my goal. I will do my best to go as fast as I can. Things are getting and staying busy, busy is good and I'll continue to supply you all with perfect swag dies. The results are perfect, just taking me a little longer then expected as all things seem to do now days.

Thank you all for your support and patience, it will not be long now.

Brian

BT Sniper
01-07-2013, 01:46 AM
I posted this in teh anneal sticky but you guys will find it very benifitial! You got to try it, it works better, faster, cheaper, safer then anything else I have tried to anneal brass with and will work especially well for all of us making 22 cal bullets from 22lr brass.

OK! I had been saying it for a while but today I finally tried it and I must say it worked pretty darn good. Using the Lee #20 lead pot to anneal brass in. I used a new pot that can be found and keep it sepperate from any melted lead.

It is quick! faster then anythign else I have tried yet and cheap! Only takes elc. I let them soak for maybe 20 minutes and WOW! that was too much! Things where glowing! Probably only needed 5-10 minutes max or possibly less. I was able to anneal probably 4-500 24 cal jackets at one time.

Quick, perfect and awesome! No fumes and smoke in self cleaning oven to set off fire alarms, no wasted gas in a BBQ grill, no melted brass from thowing it all in a can in teh fire place, no waiting hours doing it one at a time setting them up on nails in a board and heating with tourch.

This is teh way to go. It goes fast! Only fill your pot half way and maybe stir it too half threw the cooking cycle.

Give it a try if you haven't all ready, just make sure you use a clean pot. IMOP this may be the allaround best way to anneal our 22 cal jackets!

Good shooting

Brian

nhrifle
01-07-2013, 01:54 AM
I saw that another member psted earlier about trying this, now with two posts and gleaming reviews I am sold. Too neat not to try! What heat setting did you use for this? And did you cover the pot with anything?

BT Sniper
01-07-2013, 02:17 AM
It may take a bit more practice and I'll experiment with cook times and temp settings and get back to you all. It may be possible to get the jackets too soft.....????? I'll let you all know.I cooked mine on highest temp and covered with a AL plate and fire brick. It was too much or I cooked it too long, next time I shall watch it, stir and once it glows... DONE!

BT

BT Sniper
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
More infor to come! Just want to report back that I had %100 sucess with the brass I annealed in the Lee Lead Pot. I believe it will be my primary means to anneal all my riffle caliber brass jackets.

Got to be sure to clean the brass after annealing! Good way to start the claening process is take the brass stratight from the "Lee Oven" and poor them directly into a bucket of hot citic acid water bath.

I'll get back with my thoughts and future use of the Lee Oven :)

BT

runfiverun
01-08-2013, 02:57 AM
dumping in a citric acid bath will cause instant steam and boiling of the water.
it doesn't clean the black from annealing off to well either but it does cool the cases down quickly.
if you do this use a metal bucket and not a plastic tub [don't ask]
they can be dried and tumbeled shiney right afterwards though.

R.Ph. 380
01-08-2013, 03:18 AM
More infor to come! Just want to report back that I had %100 sucess with the brass I annealed in the Lee Lead Pot. I believe it will be my primary means to anneal all my riffle caliber brass jackets.

Got to be sure to clean the brass after annealing! Good way to start the claening process is take the brass stratight from the "Lee Oven" and poor them directly into a bucket of hot citic acid water bath.

I'll get back with my thoughts and future use of the Lee Oven :)

BT

Brian, are you annealing before derimming or after? I guess I'll have to buy a Lee pot after all.

Bill

BT Sniper
01-08-2013, 03:55 AM
So far I always anneal AFTER deriming. I have had customers report that they where able to achieve perfect results deriming annealed cases but I haven't tried it latly.

I do like the ease of which the Lee pot annealed the brass though. Just make sure you guys clean your brass of all that scale brown stuff left over on the case after annealing. I attempted to swage some brass I annealed that had all that brown scale on it and it created problems in the point form die, I had to make sure the brass was perfectly clean and another quick polish on the point form die and I was able to achieve %100 perfect results for the next 400 bullets that night. What more could I say, the lee pot worked out pretty darn good and you guys should be able to find clean replacment pots if you allready have a lee lead pot for around $15 IIRC.

Now to get back to work on all your dies.

Brian

DukeInFlorida
01-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Now, I gotta sell off some more brass, maybe 9mm, to fund a Lee pot.

BT Sniper
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Added payment options and potential trade offers to first post. I am here for you guys and I'm able and willing to work with your payment needs. I am always happy to accept half the funds up frount and the remaining ballance at your convienance. Even 3 seperate payments is an option. Just let me know what your needs may be and I'll do what I can to work with you guys. I am always up to potential partial trades for Savage riffles or actions in any calibers.

Thank you all for yoru support and patience.

Brian

Thetraveler
01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
you have mail BT :)

BT Sniper
01-08-2013, 02:22 PM
you have mail BT :)

Nothing came threw to my inbox? Try sending it again.

Thanks

BT

Thetraveler
01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Nothing came threw to my inbox? Try sending it again.

Thanks

BT

sent it to your hot mail will send it here as well

fredj338
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Yep Brian, a 4# Lee pot I had hanging around works perfect for doing 22lr jacketes, about 100 @ time, maybe 15min once the pot comes to temp, some HD alum foil, good to go. Now, just waiting on the rest of the dies.:mrgreen:

cobrarolex
01-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Brian, what is that adjustable molds? Can you show some pix? Thanks..

bmiller
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Brian, if I ordered a complete 22 cal swaging set, when would I see it? I am sure you are very busy. Thanks

Racenviper
01-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm interested in a complete set also.

BT Sniper
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Had a perfect repply all set and then computer decides to install auto updates and deletes my repply! You would think you would get a warning or somthing, I know I can set up the computer to wait to install at a desired time later but man! what a frustration to loose all that effort. I'll get the time frame reply retyped and posted soon. Got to vent a bit first.

In short, time frames are hard to predict, quality will always come first and I typically send out the first few dies needed with the 22 cal set ahead of time as soon as they are ready so you guys will be able to start the process. A customer that orders today can expect to receive the derim die, core mold, core swage die, auto ejection system and complete set of instructions within 6-12 weeks and the remaining core seat die and point form die to complete your set within 2-6 months. This is not to say that previous customers with the 22 cal set on order will take this long, this is time frame estamates for future cutomer orders.

It is much easier for me to predict the quality of these dies and the bullets they make. If I make you wait I make dang sure that it is worth it with a perfect set of dies. This is the best way I know of to ensure all customers are %100 satisfied with their purchase. I would rather have you say "yeah I had to wait a little longer but the dies are perfect" then the alternative.

This top quality 22 cal package set is getting pretty popular, it is not cheap, it is perfect! I'm sure you guys are starting to see the ammo and necessary reloading compontents are already empty from the supply shelves. This could be only the begining, how good will you all feel when you no longer have to worry about those that try to regulate your shooting hobby because you are free to make your own. If you are able to give me the time I need I will supply you with the best set of tools and dies possible to allow you to make your own bullets and break free from those that attempt to regulate you.

Take your reloading and shooting hobby to the next level. Experience the pride, satisfaction and simplicity of making and shooting your own bullets. If all those reasons are not enough it is simply a lot of fun and somthing new to add to your list of hobbies. There is certainly worse things to spend your money on.

I welcome anyone that is interested to "Step up to the Press" and give it a try, there is no better time then now and I garentee your satisfaction with a money back garentee.

Please feel free to PM me for any additional details. I am always happy to help out.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you and will a have all current orders finished very soon. The results are ...... PERFECT!

Thank you for yoru support

Brian Thurner

BTSNIPER llc.
541-436-4095

BT Sniper
01-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Got one more set of dies going out to customer that ordered the 22 cal set before I made this package offer. You guys will be able to see the quality I am after when I send out a set of dies. My goal is to be within +/- .0005 to nominal bullet diameter. Typically I will get a lot closer.

This set is within a tenth of a thousandth at .2241. You can see the .224 on the display of the mic, the red arrow shows the tenths and the lines come together on the "1" indicating .2241. As it turned out the core seat die of this set produces seated core/jacket combos at .2237, just perfect. It is my best set of 22 cal dies so far and each one of you can expect the same quality. Mater of fact this set is better then my own and with each die I finish, no matter what caliber, if I don't get that feeling of "I should keep this one as my own because it is that good" I don't sell it.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1080256take2.jpg

Brian

tbj555
01-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Hey BT, MY .45 & .40 dies are awesome now I want a .224 set to my new Black Rain. Pm sent

BT Sniper
01-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Glad you like them. I'll be happy to set you up with this great set of 22 cal dies.

I've been making extras yet still trying to catch up to demand.

Brian

2ndAmendmentNut
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Looks great! I have lots of little jackets and cores made up, just waiting for the rest of the set.

BT Sniper
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Core swage dies ship tomorrow!

scarry scarney
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Cool! More toys......

plus1hdcp
01-13-2013, 06:24 PM
core swage dies ship tomorrow!

g r e a t

nhrifle
01-13-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm wearing a big smile right now!!!!

ricklaut
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Ok, Brian - I'M IN! You have a PM in your inbox, and a check inbound. Can't wait...

fredj338
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I am sooo ready. I have about 1000 cast cores ready to swage. Does the core swage die require the auto eject? I will still need the threaded part for my RCBS AmmoMaster.:-?

ricklaut
01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I am sooo ready. I have about 1000 cast cores ready to swage.

I can imagine... I wish we could just fast-forward a little bit to speed time up.

BT Sniper
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Yep core swage die works best with the auto eject. You guys should be able to easily swage atleast 800-1200 cores per hour.

Won't be long and results are perfect.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Brian

Lizard333
01-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Not to knock your 800-1200 cores possible per hour, but I find it best to swage each core and let it "rest" a second. This gives the core a chance to stabilize at its final weight. You will find you will get a much better end product.

I was having some issues with some of my swaged bullets, and a lot of my problems were solved with this method.

BT Sniper
01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Good addvise! Slower is more precise.

Anything is possbile and these dies should please all wether they wish to go fast or slow and precise.

Thanks

BT

BT Sniper
01-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Sent out the second shipment of dies today. I spent all day yesterday boxing them up and addressing them. Think I sent out 17 boxes worth today. If you recieved a first shipment of 22 cal dies (derim die, mold, ejection system etc) you will be receiving the second shipment on Thursday or Friday depending on your location and USPS.

Included in this shipment is the core swage die and 25 bullets made in the same dies you all will be expecting soon. I also included 2 targets should you wish to submit an entry in the postal shoot. I realize that 25 bullets is not a lot to work with but multiply that by almost 20 and it was all I time to put together for you all.

I did not put the die in one of my nice black plastic boxes this time but it is well protected in a individual plasctic case. I will provide one of my BTSniper black die boxes with your final shipment of the core seat die and point form die, this box will then be able to hold all three of these dies very nicly.

I found with my 6s ogive point form die that a core weight between 46.5 and 47.0 grains will produce the best bullets with the least chance at any cosmetic flaws like lube dimples or folds in the jacket. This will produce a finished bullet of 56.5-57.0 grains typically. This fills the jacket of the formed bullet %100 leaving no hollow point or open tip. Cores heavier then this should be avoided at present time. Lighter cores are not a problem, they will simply for a bullet with a open tip/hollow point.

One Important Note! Federal brass marked with a "F" is .7 tenths heavier then the rest of the brass jackets. It will form up sooner then other jackets with teh same core. If you are swaging cores at my recomended max you will have to pay a little attention to the F jackets. They will produce a more pressure when formed. This is not a problem if you know what to expect. I had exellent results from the F cases but got jsut a little excess lead bleed out the the tip of the jacket. Simply scrap that off with a finger nail and I had a very good, no, EXELLENT looking bullet so don't count them out, simply be aware and if your board go ahead and sort the F marked jackets from the rest of the bunch to be formed up seperate from the rest.

Making bullets in my dies that fill the jacket %100 makes everything funtion very well. It is easier to eject the bullet without it sticking to the ejection pin this way too. Hollow points are no problem either just takes a bit more finess for perfect results.

If you cast your cores from pure soft lead you will be able to use the 47.0 grain core as a max. If you lead is a mix and as a result lighter then pure lead you will want to go for teh 46.5 grain core as a max.

Of course these figures are simply my "recomendations" you are free to experiment with lighter bullet weights too if you wish. I realize it is kind of hard to do so without the die in your hands and I am workign everyday to make that happen. I still expect to have the remaining point form dies at heat treat by the end of the month and start shippign completed dies as soon as they return and are ready.

Thanks as always for your patience and support.

Brian

DukeInFlorida
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
I don;t spend any time LOOKING at head stamps. Takes too long, and sometimes after derimming, the headstamps are tough to see.
So, I weigh the derimmed brass and sort into .1 grain bins, and then match up cores (also weighed) with those to get 55 grain results.
Seems to get me good results every time.

BT Sniper
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Many of you should be getting the core swage die today. One thing I forgot to mention, be carfull you do not adjust it down so much that you cover up the bleed hole, in the press or with the internial adjustments of the die. You shouldn't need to adjsut anythign this far as it would make a very lite core before the bleed hole was closed off. You will know if you close this hole, no lead will come out and you will notice too much pressure will be exerted.

Thanks

Brian

DukeInFlorida
01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Mine came today, and I will be setting it up to process molded cores in the AM.... I'll be an expert in an hour, I am sure!

The quality of the workmanship looks amazing, Brian!

You've come very far in a short time!

scarry scarney
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
I got mine today as well, EXPERT machining. It looks GREAT! Thanks Brian.

supe47
01-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Yup, got mine also. Shore be pretty. I'll be squirtin' tomorrow. Enclosed bullets looked sweet. Ordered a Mike with .0001" resolution a few minutes ago. One must be prepared.
Supe

BT Sniper
01-17-2013, 10:47 PM
I use my mic all the time! Take good care of it.

Glad you all seem to like the dies, my production seems to be moving along a bit faster lately. The core seat dies should be done very soon and I may jsut send them out ahead of the point form die. We shall see.

And for all of you with other calibers on order I am working on those too.

Thank you all for your support. You'll be shooting your own bullets very soon and be loading bullets while others are lookign at empty shelves!

Swage On!

BT

BT Sniper
01-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Hope some of you get a chance to shoot a few of those bullets.

Post some results if you do!

BT

Utah Shooter
01-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I don;t spend any time LOOKING at head stamps. Takes too long, and sometimes after derimming, the headstamps are tough to see.
So, I weigh the derimmed brass and sort into .1 grain bins, and then match up cores (also weighed) with those to get 55 grain results.
Seems to get me good results every time.

Thought you were shooting them out of a full auto so it did not matter anyway?

R.Ph. 380
01-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Whoopee, got my Core Swage die yesterday and one more step toward independence. Life is getting better.

Bill

DukeInFlorida
01-18-2013, 07:57 AM
I still make em as accurate as I can. Helps in the nose forming die.
It's easy to match up the components for weight.

Thought you were shooting them out of a full auto so it did not matter anyway?

fredj338
01-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Whoopee, got my Core Swage die yesterday and one more step toward independence. Life is getting better.

Bill

Yep, the primary reason I bought a set of Brian's dies. Just look at the crazy shortage & high prices of 223 bullets lately, now cheap FMJ plinkers are 12-14c each! At that price, my dies will be paid off sooner & I will never run out of bullets in my lifetime, which I hope is another 20yrs of shooting.:mrgreen:

plus1hdcp
01-18-2013, 10:49 PM

Bill

Agreed:-D

Twmaster
01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Brian,

Perhaps I am a bit dense today. I do not see a package price when I look at the first post in this thread.

fredj338
01-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Thanks B! Got mine today. Now I just need that attachment for the RCBS AM. Look forward to some core swaging next weekend.

DukeInFlorida
01-19-2013, 01:34 AM
there are six items, including shipping, that are needed for the ultimate complete set. just add those numbers up.
however, some people prefer to buy the tools in a building block manner, for budget reasons. or, they may already have some components on hand.
so, he gives you the breakdown for each portion.

Added up, it's a bit of cash.

BUT...........

well worth every cent!

Brian has been incredibly service oriented, and quality focused. His tools are among the best for swaging .224 bullets.

He continues to push the envelope for design advancement (which none of the commercial competitors are doing), and has the best design, bar none, at the moment!

His service and support are also second to none in the business. He does everything he can to make sure you are happy with the tools, at every step of the process. This is especially true when you start making parts and swaging them into bullets. Considering how busy he is, he has NOT let that portion of the business slip. Top rate quality, and top rate service and support.

Yes, I am biased..... but that's why I own MANY sets of BT Sniper' tools, and look forward to receiving more as budget allows.

Brian,

Perhaps I am a bit dense today. I do not see a package price when I look at the first post in this thread.

BT Sniper
01-23-2013, 03:02 AM
How are the core swage dies working for everyone? Let me know if there are any questions or concerns. I am always happy to help.

Thanks

Brian

nhrifle
01-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Havn't seen anything yet. Did one of the boxes make its way to NH?

BT Sniper
01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
I haven't made it that far down my work order list yet. I need to send you the first shipment first. Core mold, instructions, derim die, etc. and then I'll send you the core swage die too in the first shipment as well as any other dies I have ready.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Brian

nhrifle
01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
No problem Brian. I figured that was the case since every time I check the thread, there is new interest in your products. I've been trying to find some elves for you to help with all the tasks you have, but so far no takers. I'll keep looking tho!

Twmaster
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
there are six items, including shipping, that are needed for the ultimate complete set. just add those numbers up.
however, some people prefer to buy the tools in a building block manner, for budget reasons. or, they may already have some components on hand.
so, he gives you the breakdown for each portion.

Added up, it's a bit of cash.

BUT...........

well worth every cent!

Brian has been incredibly service oriented, and quality focused. His tools are among the best for swaging .224 bullets.

He continues to push the envelope for design advancement (which none of the commercial competitors are doing), and has the best design, bar none, at the moment!

His service and support are also second to none in the business. He does everything he can to make sure you are happy with the tools, at every step of the process. This is especially true when you start making parts and swaging them into bullets. Considering how busy he is, he has NOT let that portion of the business slip. Top rate quality, and top rate service and support.

Yes, I am biased..... but that's why I own MANY sets of BT Sniper' tools, and look forward to receiving more as budget allows.

Just wondering, do you speak for Brian?

As I said, it says package price. I don't see a price other than a list of components and their regular price. Is that a package price?

BT Sniper
01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Sorry, I'll edit the orginal post of "package"

The current 2013 price for everything I have to offer to make 22 cal bullets from 22lr brass is $1190 ($1215 with new Lee Classic Cast Ram top) to your door.

Thanks

Brian

BTSNIPER LLC.
541-436-4095

Twmaster
01-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Thank you Brian. I'm going to see about selling a Kidney to afford that...

BT Sniper
01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
I hear 223 ammo was going for a $1 a shot at a recent gun show in the midwest and they sold out of all the 1K boxes worth. At that rate it won't take long to justify the cost of making your own. Of course who would pay a dollar a pop to shoot 223? I don't know? Only commercial ammo I ever buy is 22lr.

BT

cba257
01-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I received mine a couple of days ago. Great craftsmanship, truly worth the money and wait.8-)

Thank-You Brian!!!

Cody

BT Sniper
01-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Good to hear. Just wanted to make sure eveyone was producing perfect cores without issue. The dies that truely do all the magic will be ready soon!

Brian

khmer6
01-28-2013, 01:58 AM
just saw your post on the boat tail RD. when will it be available in this set?

BT Sniper
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
been getting a lot of inquires latly and busy making dies 24-7.

here is a look at the bullets these dies make vs. various commercial 22 cal bullets I had on hand.

Speer 55 grain SP, Speer 52 gr HP, Standard Winchester 55 grain FMJ, Sierra 52 grain match (notice same ogive as the bullet die I offer!), BTSniper 56 grain 22lr jacketed bullet, Sierra 60 grain (again notice perfect match to ogive!)

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1080289take2.jpg

All loaded up next to the Sierra 60 grain bullets!
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1080300taketwo.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1080303take2.jpg

BT Sniper
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
just saw your post on the boat tail RD. when will it be available in this set?

Soon as I have time to make a couple bullets and check the results. The dies are machined I just need to check their perfection. Not long!

BT

BT Sniper
01-30-2013, 06:26 PM
How would all of you waiting for the core seat and point form dies feel about yoru dies looking like this? I'm sure most of you can't wait and want the rest of the dies as soon as possible but check out the potential upgrade at no additional charge I have to offer all of you with a current set of dies on order. I think you all might just like what you see and the addvantages are off the chart! Trust me! This makes an incredible set of dies and will benifit everyone! Additional wait time to add this up grade to dies on order will only be an additional week, two at most, tacked on to current delivery schedule if you all are interested.

Take a look at the pics and check out this thread for details.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?181863-Chromium-Nitride-finish-for-Superior-Swage-Dies!

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1080326take2.jpg

Center die is what I am willing to offer at no additional charge to all of you with a 22 cal set of dies on order. Probably apply this process to the core seat die too. Core swage die is also a possibility even for those of you that allready received it, then you can have a matching set!

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1080332take2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you for your support and patience. These dies are awesome! Even better if you guys don't mind them Black!

Brian

ricklaut
01-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Brian -

I'm in for the Nitride treated dies on my pending order. I don't know if I can stand waiting another 1-2 weeks, but I'll find something to do... :coffeecom.

Based on where I'm at on your list, will the boat tail version of the dies be tested / ready without adding additional time to the order? I've got several thousand pieces of .22 brass sorted out by headstamp, so I'm just about as ready for those first pieces to come in as possible!

BT Sniper
01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Boat tail dies will be seperate from any current dies that may have been already purchased. The core seat dies are different as well as the point form base punch. I'll see what kind of offers I can make when I have the boat tail dies ready. At this time I'm not taking orders for Boat tail dies just yet.

This Nitride treatment is necessary for the boat tail dies as I plan to offer it. With all of your point form dies allready nitride prossesed it would be a lot easier and cheaper for you guys if you ever wish to convert to making boat tail bullets in the future.

Right now I am really seaking anyone that doesn't want the black nitride process done to their dies to speek up because as I see it this upgrade to the dies will benifit you guys as much as it will benifit me, better more accurate bullets, signifacantly less chance for stuck bullet in the point form die (means less frustration for you and less time I need to spend removing stuck bullets), longer life of die, there is no down side! I'm going to send all the core seat and point form dies in for this treatment as soon as they are ready, unless you guys say otherwise.

BT

khmer6
01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
i am absolutely drooling. im about to sell all 10k of my 224 projectiles to fund these dies! but idk if i can make that commitment!!! really would save me a lot if i could swage for my fiveseven and ar. what would be the shortest length you could squeeze one of these to? i normally load 40gr hornady vmax for the 5.7

BT Sniper
01-30-2013, 11:31 PM
That certainly would be commitment! I think I would sell a spare gun first just to hold on to all the bullets I could. But I'll be happy to set you up with anything you need.

I see no reason a great 40 cal bullet can not be made. You would need to trim the 22lr first for best results. I'll post a pic of the jig I use soon that I trim 17HMR with, certainly works great!

BT

runfiverun
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Brian:
are you gonna nitride the 308 dies too?
Lamar.

BT Sniper
01-31-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes! Those darn 30 cal dies. I am going to redo my entire stock of 30 cal point form dies. The ones I have now I made with an older reamer I had and my technique was not quite as perfected as it is now plus I just got my new carbide 6s 30 cal reamer today. I was able to perfect some of the orginal dies and it was the same tools and reamer I used to make my die that shoots .215 moa. The couple 30 cal dies I did send out I will notifiy of the potential for a new and improved black nitride die if need be. So everyone waiting on any riffle caliber die can expect an Awesome set of new BTSniper "Black Ops" dies! The least I can do for all your patience. These dies will be well..... Awesome! Matter of fact any of you with pistol caliber or big bore dies on order reading this let me know now before I send the dies in to be nitride processed!

Thanks

Brian

cba257
01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
I am in for the "Black Opps" Nitride treatment.

supe47
01-31-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm in, PM sent
Supe

nhrifle
01-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Improved surface treatment sounds good to me. Have you investigated as to whether the thickness of the treatment will affect your machining of the bores? I remember a job or two that had to be measured as dry as we could get them as the thickness of the coolant would tend to throw our measurements out of tolerance. Ahh, the good old days....though I didn't think so while I was cutting the parts!

BT Sniper
01-31-2013, 02:17 AM
Yes I did. I sent a test die that was .2241 and it came back .2241! We are good to go! The treatment some how ingrains it's self into the structure of the metal rather then on top of it as I understand it. Whatever it is or does it allows the dies to perform magic now!

BT

fredj338
01-31-2013, 03:16 AM
I'm in Brian, waited this long, another 1-2 wks isn't going to matter. My investment just looks better & better every month w/ prices of bullets going up IF you can find any bullets to buy.

nhrifle
01-31-2013, 03:21 AM
That's one of the problems lately. I still have a stock of .224 bullets to feed my AR, but have not shot it as much as I would like to since they are so scarce and hard to replace. Brian, your dies are going to be a lifesaver for us, and they couldn't come at a better time.

runfiverun
01-31-2013, 03:58 AM
sweet.
actually the wait has worked out very well for me.
it prompted me to get off the fence on a h/v lead boolit project i have been sitting on for a while and get some measuring,case fitting,and shooting done.

DukeInFlorida
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Nitride mine!!

And, perhaps instead of scrapping the current dies, maybe you could re-ream those into .313/.312/.311 size...... for those of us who would like to be able to also make swaged bullets to feed our Lee Enfields and Mosin Nagants.

Novel idea, eh?

Thanks for going the extra mile for us!

BT Sniper
01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Yep that is the idea with the current 30 cal point form dies, they will get bumped up to next sizes.

BT

USAF-MC
02-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Wow, BT your dies looks great. I really want to join in. So many options. Not to mention, pistols/rifles that I want before more restrictions. It's all adding to more money than I can afford at one time. So here goes my question, are you still offering this package? Is the cost $1190 (in your 1st-post) or $800 as Mctool wrote? You have so many other tempting tools, 9mm to 40, 40 to 45, even 223 to 9 mm/308 is possible. Sorry for the lost question, but I'm a little lost as to where to start and not wanting to miss out on a great deal at the same time.

scarry scarney
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
MC- welcome aboard. His dies are great. What does the MC stand for?

BT Sniper
02-01-2013, 02:49 AM
Yes current price of $1190 for everything is correct. Yes I will continue to offer these dies for a long time to come. Yes I have lots of great tools and dies to offer. No you will not be missing out on any deals, all prices are set and can be found in my BTSniper tool and die sticky.

Yes, I'll be happy to set you up with anything and everything you wish.

Where to start all depends on funds and shooting prefrence. 223 is very popular right now and the dies and reuslting bullets are looking awesome. The 40 cal from 9mm brass is my all time favorite and always a great choice for easy shooting and inexpenisve investment. You can't go wrong. Four years ago many of us where greatfull to be able to make our own bullets, and here we are again, but this time there is a lot more of us making bullets. No better time to start!

BT

USAF-MC
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi scary - MC stands for "Medical Corp." I'm one of your docs. :) Actually, for the last couple of years, I've been on inactive reserves as a civilian. I've been training newly graduated doctors. It's been an agreement with my wife to give civilian life a try. So, I've decided now to take a pay cut to go back on active duty. Paperwork is all done...recommissioning next month.

BT - Thanks for the clarification. One of my fears is that this is for an extremely limited time. My perfect setup would be 22LR->223->9/308->40->45. Now it's time to save up money to get started. I've been interested with swaging 223 for 3-4 years but only saw expensive stuff till now. And your dies looks more versatile and able to produce more professional looking bullets.

fredj338
02-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Brian's work is top notch, but what really sets his dies apart from Corbin IMO, is his CS. You have a problem, he fixes it yesterday. In today's complacent working society, it's a welcome event.

MT Gianni
02-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Sorry but can someone school me on the differences in a point forming die? 6 and 9?

nhrifle
02-06-2013, 12:53 AM
The 6 and 9 refer in some way to the radius of the arc beginning at the straight shank of the bullet (where it seats in the case) following a curved line to the point. In machinist terms, I would call it an arc segment, which basically is a piece of a circle. The smaller the number, the more defined the curve of the ogive radius. Think of it like this -- take a 6s ogive for example. Imagine a 6" circle. Divide that up into pie wedge shaped segments in which we concentrate on the curved "crust" part, each segment the same length as the curved part of the bullet described above. Now do the same with a 9" circle. Since the 6" circle has a sharper radius than the 9" circle, the arc segment from the 6" circle will have more of a pronounced curve than that of the 9".

Long story short, the 6s ogive will have more of a curve toward the point, while a 9s will look more like a sharpened pencil. I really hope this makes sense. Describing a geometrical shape is not one of my strengths.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-06-2013, 01:11 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?156214-Difference-between-a-9s-and-6s-22-cal-ogive&p=1738278&viewfull=1#post1738278

Hope this helps MT Gianni

BT Sniper
02-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Thanks ICH!

Here is the pic from that thread.

9s ogive (curve of nose) on left and 6s on right

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1070067.jpg

BT Sniper
02-18-2013, 12:07 AM
36 core seat 22 cal dies are going to nitride processing this week allong with nearly 100 additonal various caliber dies. As soon as I get them back, cleaned up and assembled I'll start shipping them out ASAP!

Check out a pic from one of my customers with these dies. This was customer #3 on my 22 cal list from begining of last year before I made the package price offer. I now have over 40 orders to fill. You all will be making bullets every bit as good as these pictured here. They look as good as commercial bullets don't they?

Thank you all for your patience.

Brian

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/73869b02-2c15-4526-90c8-c2d0ee577d49_zpsd69a666d.jpg

ricklaut
02-18-2013, 12:09 AM
I can't wait...!

kweidner
02-28-2013, 11:52 AM
PM and money order sent.

HDS
02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Just curious, can you make a bullet with an exposed lead nose with these dies? Is it just a matter of setting it up differently? I think I saw something like that in a related thread but I want to make sure I got it right.

And not that I think it woud be neccessary, what with .22lr cases being so bountiful, can you use other things, like copper tubing of suitable dimensions?

edit: found the answer: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?152541-BTSniper-22-cal-operation-amp-rate-of-production Looks pretty darn nifty!

HDS
02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
The 6 and 9 refer in some way to the radius of the arc beginning at the straight shank of the bullet (where it seats in the case) following a curved line to the point. In machinist terms, I would call it an arc segment, which basically is a piece of a circle. The smaller the number, the more defined the curve of the ogive radius. Think of it like this -- take a 6s ogive for example. Imagine a 6" circle. Divide that up into pie wedge shaped segments in which we concentrate on the curved "crust" part, each segment the same length as the curved part of the bullet described above. Now do the same with a 9" circle. Since the 6" circle has a sharper radius than the 9" circle, the arc segment from the 6" circle will have more of a pronounced curve than that of the 9".

Long story short, the 6s ogive will have more of a curve toward the point, while a 9s will look more like a sharpened pencil. I really hope this makes sense. Describing a geometrical shape is not one of my strengths.

Are there any practical differences between the two? Does one shape lend itself more to longer ranges, or hunting or ligher/heavier bullets?

MIBULLETS
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Are there any practical differences between the two? Does one shape lend itself more to longer ranges, or hunting or ligher/heavier bullets?

The 6 will allow you to make a slightly heavier bullet with the same length jacket, but the 9 should be a little better for longer ranges (better ballistic coefficient).

BT Sniper
03-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Yes, lead tips are not a problem from the 22lr jackets as long as you are making a bullet 65 grains or heavier.

As far as 6s vs. 9s I have been told a 6s will feed better in a semi auto. The above statments are also true.

BT

p.s. the above pictured lead bullets are both the exact same weight yet you should be able to see the difference in the two.

BT Sniper
03-05-2013, 03:03 AM
I received 125 dies back from Nitride today. Talk about STRESSFUL! Over $30k worth of my product, 6 months of my labor and the future of my business all in the hands of the skilled bagage handelers loading the 2 day air priority packages. Spendy shipping at over $300 for 55 lbs worth but I no longer trust ground service after they lost a set of my carbide reamers. Thankfully everything arrived in perfect condition and the nitride finish is ...... well..... Perfect! Amazing! Etc.

The mogority of all customers waiting for dies is in this batch including all the core seat dies for all the 22 cal customers patiently waiting.

I spent teh weekend working on the point form dies. I have now uped this first run of 22 cal dies to 50 sets and will continue to keep maing them for teh forseeable future. I will have the point form dies off to heat treat and nitride treatment very soon. The core seat dies simply need final assembly, a quick polish and will be on the way to you all.

Here is a bit of customer feed back info for all of you waiting on these 22 cal die sets. I sent my personal first prototype 6s 22 cal nitride die set to a big time supplier of small arms amunition. I set them up with three Lee Classic cast presses I modified for more leverage as well as my threaded ram top and threaded base punches, one press for each step of production, they already had the means to swage the core. So derim, core seat and point form with a deicated press for each step of the process. I got a cal from them today reporting that in only three short weeks they had allready made their first 10,000 bullets without a hitch! They had Corbin equipment before and had split his point form die. They said "my dies where definatly giving Corbin's set up a run for the money," NOW GET THIS!!! they told me the people sitting in frount of the dies where not even using any lube !!!!!! HOLY SHEEP!!!! I thought to myself as I encouraged them to atleast use a little. In which they replied, yes they had come up with a method to apply a very light amount of lube to each jacket. Goes to show the addvantage of this new Nitride finish and it's ability to reduce surface friction I guess! But please, for all my current and future 22 cal customers, use a little bit of teh supplied lube with each bullet formed :)

Needless to say I was thrilled to hear about their sucess and it further reasures me that all of you will have absolutly very few if any difficulties with these great dies. I tell you all this great news not to tease you but to reasure you that I will come threw with a perfect set of dies for everyone of you that will produce perfect bullets and a LOT of them for a life time of cheap shooting!

Thank you all for your patience. Your wait will be incredibly worth it.

Brian

One more....... I hate to keep teasing you guys with pictures of the bullets made from these dies but here is more bullets made by one of my first 4 customers with these 22 cal dies. I'll be working hard to get everyone their dies just as soon as pososible.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/22calcustomersucess_zps79fb7e9d.jpg

DukeInFlorida
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
My keyboard hates it when I drool on it.....

Can't wait for my additional tools...........

Salmon-boy
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I think I need to start warming up my "Slot-Machine" arm....

ricklaut
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Getting close! I'm excited :).

plus1hdcp
03-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Sounds good to me. I can't wait to get to take my own to the range.

2ndAmendmentNut
04-11-2013, 02:21 PM
The anticipation is killing my 22 CFs.

USMCamp0811
04-12-2013, 10:50 PM
just curious will these work on a dillon 550?

scarry scarney
04-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Short answer, no. I believe the toolhead would flex too much. Plus, you would only be using one die at a time. BT will need to provide correct answer, but my gut feeling is no

BT Sniper
04-13-2013, 01:29 AM
We generaly do not advise one to use their expenive progressive presses for swaging use. The pressure generated when swaging is just not somthing I would addvise one to subject a dillon to. Any decent single stage reloading press will work for swaging bullets.

Just got all the dies I have on order for the 22 cal sets back from their first heat treatment. Almost there guys! I got to clean them up and send them off to get their Nitride finish.

Thanks

BT

30yrcaster
04-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Just got all the dies I have on order for the 22 cal sets back from their first heat treatment. Almost there guys! I got to clean them up and send them off to get their Nitride finish.

Thanks

BT
What's the purpose of the Nitride finish? Is it internal to make the dies similar to carbide?

Thanks

BT Sniper
04-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes, it covers the entire die inside and out. Reduces friction, reduces possiblity of scratches, hardenes surface of die to near Carbide hardness and quality. It was a very noticable improvement in the ability of the point form die's operation and the quality of the bullet from the die.

IMOP it is as close as we are going to get a steel swage die to carbide quality without the extreem cost of carbide dies.

BT

30yrcaster
04-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Yes, it covers the entire die inside and out. Reduces friction, reduces possiblity of scratches, hardenes surface of die to near Carbide hardness and quality. It was a very noticable improvement in the ability of the point form die's operation and the quality of the bullet from the die.

IMOP it is as close as we are going to get a steel swage die to carbide quality without the extreem cost of carbide dies.

BT
Thanks!! Incredible what you guys come up with.

Do you put it on all the dies or just the point dies? Doesn't it clog up the point form ejection punch hole?

BT Sniper
04-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes I apply it to all my dies.

No it doesn't build up anything on the surface of the metal to clog up any ejection holes.

BT

jroc
04-14-2013, 10:43 AM
BT do you have a detailed video of bullet making or are there any out there that you know of that are good. I would like to try this but don't know the first thing about it. It is something that I have thought about for a long time but do not know where to start. Thanks. Jim