PDA

View Full Version : Value Redding Turrret press 6 hole?

Krfresno
06-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I have a chance at picking up a used press What is the value of a fair condition redding 6-hole turret press? Has priming arm. No tie bar. Cosmetically a little rough.

Are the 6-hole turrets still available?

Thanks for the help!

JesterGrin_1
06-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I have no idea what they are asking. But I honestly feel you should take a look at the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press. I think they are right at $100.00 to $110.00 and replacement tool heads are only like $10.00. Do a search here and you will find lots of good info on them.

Ickisrulz
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Are the 6-hole turrets still available?

Thanks for the help!

The Redding #25 presses (6 hole) were not made with the intention of swapping out the turrets like other turret presses.

What do you mean by tie bar...like the Hollywood presses? If so these Redding presses did not have one.

I've seen nice ones bring a couple hundred on e-bay.

Krfresno
06-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I was wrong about tie bar. The slots on the turret are for the primer feed system. Sorry for the confusion.

Ziptar
06-10-2012, 04:47 PM
The old 6 hole Redding is the T-25. Every one I've seen sold on eBay has gone for a couple hundred bucks or better.

You'd be better off spending that on the newer T-7.

flashhole
06-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I sold mine for $160 on eBay about 8 years ago. It was like new condition and I paid $125 for it. Couldn't warm up to the backward tilt. I have a Lee Classic Turret (2 actually) and like it a lot better than the Redding model 25. I got mine at Factory Sales for $84 (regular price). If you have to go Redding get the T-7.

Krfresno
06-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I decided to pass on the deal. I prefer the presses that have verticle rams. Not sloped like the t-25. If anyone is interested it is still listed on the Sacrameto Craigslist for $85.

nitro-express
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
About a year ago I bought 2 Redding T-25 presses from my shooting partners Estate. I set up my brother with one and kept the other. I am a Rock Chucker user and it took a bit to warm up to tilt and the turret. Ken Howell did a review of this press in the Jan-Feb 1980 Handloader magazine. The T-25 is a quality press, the T-7 is an improvement, and better but I've grown to appreciate the slant and the workings of the T-25. My brother also likes his. He also has a LEE Classic Cast Turret and other than the primer capture tube, he prefers the T-25. I contacted Redding and the support I got was top drawer. They still had a few spare turrets and I bought one. They shipped it to Canada, no problems. They turrets can be changed, as easily as any other turret press with the center bolt retaining design. LEE turrets are the quickest changeover. I use my turret to batch load, as does my brother and just smile when using it. I do not use the on press priming. On press priming is just like on most other presses, it just doesn't give you the right feel to do the job properly. You are much better off to use a dedicated priming tool or a ram prime on the press.

Each turret comes with a bushing that is hand fit to provide the proper clearances and both of mine work as designed. My press had been stored in the basement laundry room, and my friend had never set it up. I disassembled it completely, cleaned it up, lubed it and put it back together. I hand fit (polished and removed any high spots) on every moving part and it is slick.

I wouldn't trade mine for any other turret out there except the new T-7.

This is an old thread, but I felt it did not give an accurate appraisal of it.

Char-Gar
12-12-2014, 01:25 PM
A six hole Redding may or may not be a T-25. The latter ones are a bit different and I have one of the last made. It is a high quality press and would recommend it highly. I would buy another for a good price in a heartbeat.

flashhole
12-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I had one. Great quality and workmanship. I just couldn't warm up to the tilt. The Ultramag was a lot more to my liking so I sold the T-25. I later purchased a Lee Classic Turret. I liked it so much I bought a second one that I take to the range as part of a portable system for load development. Once the load is developed I just remove the die laden turret from the portable press, install it on the bench mounted press and crank out ammo.

I'm glad you like your press. It makes time at the bench more rewarding.

flashhole
12-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I just looked at my previous post. My opinion did not change from then till now. :)

nitro-express
03-27-2022, 11:10 PM
Funny how stuff happens. I sold my T25 a few years ago and upgraded to a Lyman T-Mag II. I needed to increase my production so went with a pair of Dillon 550s. Then today I spied a lightly used T25 in a Rubbermade tote, for sale. My comment, to the vendor was nice press, I like these, but too spendy for me. His reply was, well what are you wanting to pay? I discounted the price a good 20%, and he called .y bluff. So I now own a T25 once again. It's in wonderfull shape, clean a d hardly any use. It came with a Lyman 55 measure, a RCBS 5 - 10 scale and other small items.