PDA

View Full Version : A nice find

merlin101
06-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I found a new source for w/w I thought I'd share with you.
I'm a truck driver and the other day before heading out I found I had a flat tire, so down to the tire dealer I go. I've been there before and asked for ww and got the standerd excuse" we have to send them to_____" so I don't bother asking anymore.
As I was on the phone waiting for breakdown to approve the tire repair I just wandered around the parking lot and found a couple small ww. When I got over into the back gravel lot I started finding some big 8&10 oz weights[smilie=w:
Some of them have been there so long that the steel clip fell off when I picked them up. All together I made 3 trips back to my truck and have a totel of just over 10 LBS[smilie=w: Who would've thought? So go check em out and happy hunting!

WHITETAIL
06-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Good find!
I needed to get my truck inspected
and left it at the gerage.
I was walking home and found a few
keepers.
So keep your eyes open and you never know.:shock:

mold maker
06-10-2012, 10:23 AM
The used weights were paid for when they were installed. They don't belong to the shop that removes/replaces them, unless stated on the invoice.
You can remove your own weights before you have a tire replaced, and ask for those left by previous customers. If the answer is NO, find another tire guy. Mine understands that I get my work done, where I get my weights.
The battery companies are taking advantage of the fear of lead, while guaranteeing their own cheap supply.