PDA

View Full Version : .62 Renegade

Hiwall55
06-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Late Last summer I built a .62 cal. Renegade with a 32 inch octagon round bottom rifled barrel just for shooting steel at our club Buffalo match's, only trouble is I let My Son shoot it and I shot my Peter Allen .69 Rifle and He shot it and came in 2nd place. Now I can't get it back!Guess I'll have to Build another one. A .330 gr. ball with a nice dose of 2F Knocks the Rams and Buffalo over with Authority

John Taylor
06-10-2012, 03:43 AM
I loaned my 62 to a gent that had broken his gun at a match, he out shot me with it. I guess it was time for me to retire from match shooting.

Boerrancher
06-10-2012, 10:13 AM
I have noticed that every time I hand one of my guns to one of my kids, it is a struggle to get it back, if I get it back at all. My 12 y/o daughter claimed my stainless Ruger 22, my 7 y/o son laid claim to my other ruger 22, and my 15 y/o boy, latched on to my 32 cal Crockett, which I flat out told him "NO." I have waited most of my life for a 32 cal muzzleloader and I got this one for my birthday in Feb, from a good friend, and my wife. He can have my 32 cal when I am dead. That is not to say that I may not eventually get him one if he continues to show interest in it, but I am keeping mine. There are times when you have to just draw the line with your children.

Best wishes,

Joe

sharps4590
06-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I have no doubts about the authority of a 20 bore, 330 gr. RB on anything!!

I understand Hiwall...my sons are 37 & 39. The oldest is a shooter and the youngest never took that much interest in it but enjoys shooting for fun every so often. Now, when the oldest is home, I lock my safe and the vault the safe is in.; If we shoot while he's visiting I make certain one of my firearms doesn't find its way into his vehicle. He and his brother are going to get them someday, but by golly not yet!!!

Hiwall55
06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm glad to hear i"m not the only one this has had happened to , also John Taylor,my buddy outshoots me with my rifles all the time,after awhile you get used to it,but I won't let his wife shoot my guns ,every time Rhonda shoots one of his he loses it, me and her went to a buffalo match last fall and he let her shoot his Sharps 40/65 ,long story short he had to buy another one from me. now her Low wall40/65 is for sale.

Beagle333
06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd love to study the effect of a 330gr ball on one of our 80# ruminants here! All's I got is a 258gr (.56 cal) now.

Hiwall55
06-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Never had a .56 but our buffalo usually takes 3 shots with a .50 with 90gr. of powder to knock it off the stand,it pushes it back ,but my .62 and my custom .69 whop it over with one shot with the same charge