PDA

View Full Version : Well I went and ordered a CZ 513

buck1
06-08-2012, 11:30 PM
In answer to my bolt rimfire craveing , I ordered a CZ 513.
From what I gather they are a good accurate gun with only fair triggers. But I bet with a little luv and stoning and a shim ot two, I can make it pretty good somehow. I rarely get beaten on a trigger job. (but it does happen once in a wile)
Anyone have a 513 that they would care to comment on? Thanks guys!! Buck

Dman4321
06-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I just picked up a brand new CZ 513 off of a guy at work a couple weeks ago. I finally took it out for a shooting session, and LOVED IT! The trigger isnt what it could be from CZ, but the fit and finish is excellent! Shoots like a dream, but the only thing i dislike it the sling mounts.. They could be designed a little better, or maybe just a stud, but i think i will end up taking them off and putting something else on. Also, the magazine prices are outrageous, but i think i can find them here and there at gun shows, and since it will be a squirrel/rabbit/tin can gun, i wont be needing extra mags, but its always nice to have a few.

Shooter
06-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I missed a 452 FS at a shop a few years ago. The 452 FS features a full-length Mannlicher-style stock and was in .17 HMR.
I left, thought about it, returned and it was gone.

6.5 mike
06-13-2012, 05:49 PM
The CZ section on Rimfire Central has some tips for tuning the 513 triggers. Been wanting to handle one of these for a while, for some reason I think one is callling me.

buck1
06-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Well I got the 513 in. Its a nice rifle.
The trigger was very bad (think old Mosin Nagant ish), but I worked the fireing pin/trigger catch (one pice) over some and did a bit of polishing. Now its not bad. Its not real light, 4ish lbs or so , but its clean breaking now.
It came with a test targer of a 5 shot group. 4 in to 1/2 in and the 5th opened it up to 5/8 ish.
I put a Simmons 22 mag AO scope on it and will have to wait till thursday to try it out!

The sights are good and both are steel to. The stock is very nice ,groved reciver, and a mat black finish on the steel. The mag is plastic .
The bolt handle comes up a bit high but just clears the eye pice with med rings.
I wish I knew what ammo the factory test fires with.
I will post a bit more when I can get to the range....Buck