PDA

View Full Version : HOllywood single stage!!

rmcc
06-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Just got it bolted to the bench! Don't know a thing about it other than it is effortless to use!! Just sized some 30/06 brass, could do it with 2 fingers. Gotta find some shell holders! Got it for $ 40.00 and a box of old shotgun parts.

Rich

FUBAR 6
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Congrats, I have 4 different models (A,B,III & Senior Turret) and love them...I'm missing some parts for my Senior and looking for a Super Turret (just like a lot of people) LOL

Many options for shell holders:

CH adapter that allows you to use RCBS type shell holders

Some of the old CH shell holders

Guy on EBay makes custom "Hollywood" shell holders and priming rods

seagiant
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi,
With no pics,I'm assuming you have a Senior (short or tall) You can buy a shell adapter from CH4D for very little and then use the regular shellholders! Here's a pic of mine with said adapter!

sffar
06-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Cool! I have one of those I got for cheap as well. That is, until I tried to move it down the counter at the gun shop and it slipped from my fingers breaking the countertop! Fortunately, the guys at the shop knew me well and let me replace the glass myself. Instead of costing me twenty or thirty bucks, it ended up being more like a hundred and fifty, but given what these sell for it was still a great deal.
I've also seen the ebay guy that makes priming parts and shell plates, as well as a universal shell holder adapter. Mine has a 38 shell holder, but no priming parts. Die threads are standard.
Sam

rmcc
06-09-2012, 10:43 AM
After looking at a 1952 Gun Digest, it is a "Senior". Mine is different from SeaGiant's, it has a solid top cap without the round cap on top. Unless that is a knob to take off top??

Rich

seagiant
06-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi,
My "round cap" is a part that I made to fill the threaded hole that I THINK was used for a powder measure attach point??? Not sure on that, might have been used to attach a part to hold for machining, but made the cap up on the lathe and have since knurled the edge to match the die knurls! Looks better anyway!

rmcc
06-09-2012, 11:44 AM
COOL!!! Is that the original powder coat?

seagiant
06-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi,
No,that's Rustoleum "Hammertone" spray can! Here it is on a grinder I refurbed!