PDA

View Full Version : 22 LR brass

parrott1969
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I know this is not the right place for this but, I have a buddy that has a bunch of 22 LR brass, I mean a BUNCH! He is looking to maybe try and sale it before he goes to the scrap yard. Anyone interested? a penny each? make offer? Keep in mind that it has to bring more than it does at the scrap yard or else it is not worth his time.

Utah Shooter
06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
If my math is correct 3 for a penny. Scrap seems to be right around 2.09 per lb. I would assume that is for clean brass.

I have tried to give it away and most would not even pay shipping. I think not only the wrong place but the wrong item to try and sell. Keep in mind this is an easily found commodity. Picking up pennies will pay more than picking up this brass.

De rimmed and annealed will make it worth more but not much. I have even tried to sell it that way and only got a penny a piece.

Hickory
06-08-2012, 06:55 AM
All I have to do, to get 22 brass, is to show up
at the local gun club and sweep the floor between relays.

If I don't, and they sweep it up, then I have to buy it at scrap prices.

deltaenterprizes
06-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Thin metal like 22 LR brass goes for #2, not #1 because of the amount of loss when melter at the foundry.

DukeInFlorida
06-08-2012, 08:57 AM
A pound of thin brass weights less than a pound of thick brass? Who knew!!

Anyways, I get TONS of .22 LR brass also.

I'm pulling out all of the Federal brass, since it's too thick for my dies. Still getting more free 22 LR brass than I know what to do with.

BTW, brass locally dropped from $1.80 a pound to $1.20 recently.

So, your options for selling it are:

scrap price plus shipping (weigh the contents of the box)

or take it to the scrapper

taminsong
06-10-2012, 10:57 PM
If it is ok to ship outside of US, I am interested in one full MFRB.
Just let me know how much plus the shipping.