PDA

View Full Version : Drawings and dimensions for almost every cartridge made.

Hang Fire
06-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I tried to find appropriate forum to post this in. Mods may want to put it elsewhere.

http://stevespages.com/page8d.htm

Examples:

http://stevespages.com/jpg/cd792x33kurz.jpg

http://stevespages.com/jpg/cd33806rcbsimproved.jpg

geargnasher
06-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I just hope posting the link isn't going to ruffle any feathers with either our or their webmaster.

Gear

Reg
06-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Steve is kind of a easy going guy. Has stuff out there for all to use, just dosn't want anyone hogging the time , so to speak. If you need info, go there , get what you need. Don't try to down load everything. He also has the most complete collection of factory manuals I have seen and break down pages as well. A good source, he provides an excellent service.

Jim
06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I spoke with him on the phone once. He seems to be a nice guy. He's got one of the biggest collections of data on the internet.

Hang Fire
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I just hope posting the link isn't going to ruffle any feathers with either our or their webmaster.

Gear

The link merely directs traffic to his page, I also see people (of which I am one) posting links here all the time. I also post the link to Cast Boolits all the time from other sites to direct people here and perhaps get them interested in boolit casting.

But, there could be some sort of conflict betwixt Steve and Cast Boolits of which I am not aware of?

geargnasher
06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Hangfire, I post a lot of links too, should be no problem here either with stuff like that in "the public domain", but since the information there is fairly well protected from downloading or bookmarking and didn't know Steve's motive for doing that, I figured a little caution was in order. I'm probably way off by even mentioning it, and meant no criticizm to you at all.

Personally, I'm super-impressed with that vast tome of information and wish there was a way to have a more permanent link between his site and either Castpics or here. Maybe the powers that be could hash out something like that?

Gear

waksupi
06-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I believe Steve once posted on another board, he doesn't want a lot of access to his page. He has it posted for his own reference, and more use=more bandwidth=more cost. For someone using a page for their own purpose, I'm sure he doesn't want to have to pay $500 a month to use his own information.

41mag
06-08-2012, 05:52 AM
He has had the pages up for QUITE a while now. He used to be a regular member on another forum that I visited quite regularly.

If I remember correctly there were some issues with folks downloading his info for more than personal reasons without his permission. That was the reason he changed up his site to not allow things to be copied or simply downloaded.

He is, as has been mentioned, a fairly cordial fellow. I have corresponded with him on several occasions through the years. He has a donation link for his site as well which I have also sent in contributions to, in return for the info I have garnered from there. I realize that the amount of info he stores there and the upkeep on it comes with a cost and while it might not be much it has helped me out of a bind several times. Similar to this site and the info cached away here, if folks don't appreciate it, then why spend the funds to keep it available.

I do a LOT of development while at our place in the country, and his site is absolutely great for quick checks on loads, or trim lengths, and such.

Doc_Stihl
06-08-2012, 08:56 AM
One note I'll add is the loading data on the site should be double/triple checked. Some of it is way over manufacturer max.

Lots of good reference info on there.

Hang Fire
06-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I have to agree, many of those loads are hot, too hot for this child. But he gives fair warning about using his loading information.

One thing I noted today, on his Site home section, he is certainly not a cast boolit fan, as he has nothing but very negative comments for them.