PDA

View Full Version : TL a Pan Lube boolit

Wilsknife
06-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Cn it be done?
Should it be done?
Does it work?
In .380, 9mm, .38 SP, .357 Mag, .44 mag, and .45 acp.

Thanks in advance for you answers. I'm just trying to be as safe as I can.
:grin:

Max Brand
06-07-2012, 12:15 AM
You bet you can. TL is all I use on my .223, .308, 45-70, .45acp's and .357's regardless of the lube design of the boolit with no issues. The only caveat is that the boolit has to fit the bore correctly for the lube to be effective IMHO.

Chill Wills
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Cn it be done?
Should it be done?
Does it work?:grin:

If I read your question correctly you are asking:
Can you pan-lube a tumble lube bullet design? Not TL a regular GG design.

Yes, I can pan lube the Ranch Dog 25-20 TL bullet to my liking. Other 45 ACP TL designs too, just to name a few. It works with any TL bullet design and I do this because the pan-lube method is quick and easy when you have it down.

Yes, people make hard work out of pan-lubing but with an old coffee pot full of good melted lube, it is quick and easy. Bullets just push out - no bullet "kutter" needed or wanted. No mess - no fuss.

Wilsknife
06-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I was asking about tumble lubing pan lube boolits...

btroj
06-08-2012, 07:49 AM
What is a "pan lube bullet"?
If you are speaking of a traditional lube groove bullet then yes, they can be tumble lubed

geargnasher
06-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Wilksknife, your specific question comes up quite frequently, look back through the last couple of pages of threads in this section or do a quick search, you'll find the answer you're looking for.

Gear

FergusonTO35
06-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Chillwills, I'm planning to get into pan lubing. Could you tell us how you do it?

mdi
06-18-2012, 11:35 AM
DEFINEATELY NEED A STICKY! This same question came up last week.

Yes a "pan lube bullet" (standard lube groove design) can be tumble lubed and be effective, and yes a "tumble lube bullet" (multi-groove tumble lube design) can be "pan lubed". Alox workes on the bearing surface of the bullet and can be uses on any style bullet. Wax type lubes work as a seal/lubricant and needs to be carried by the bullet, hence the lube groove. At least that's what I think and it works for me. Someone mentioned Ranch Dog bullets, and I have two RD molds. For the .44 cal. 240 gr. bullet I have 100 lubed with alox/JPW and 100 lubed with Speed Green. I'm confident they both will work great...

FergusonTO35
06-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I have been tumble lubing conventional groove .38 Special boolits for a long time with good success. Now, I'm going to try pan lubing some tumble lube boolits. I pan lubed some Lee TL356-124 slugs last night, should be able to try them out soon.