PDA

View Full Version : Score !

Jim
04-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I went out looking for WWs this AM and got 52 lbs. of clip type and 31 lbs. of adhesive type at the first place I stopped. Those weights, by the way, are smelted and pigged weights. I flipped the guy a 10 and we were both happy. He said come back in about a month and he should have a bucket full for me.
By the way, are the adhesive type any good? I was thinking I might have to put some hardening alloy in it.

dragonrider
04-20-2007, 08:18 PM
The stick on weights are for the most part pure lead and need to be alloyed for use with smokeless powder firearms, but I think most people just save them for use with blackpowder guns.

buck1
04-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Look at the stick ons for "SN" . someone here found sone that were pure tin. They were clearly marked. .......Buck

44woody
04-21-2007, 01:14 AM
and some are marked ZN throw those way those are zinc which will mess your day up and some good alloy to :castmine: 44Woody

DLCTEX
04-21-2007, 05:50 AM
If you are shooting anything that doesn't exceed about 1300fps, the clip ons with that much stick ons would be a pretty good boolit alloy IMHO. DALE

jawjaboy
04-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Here is the stick-ons that I picked out of my last 5 gal. bucket....about 10 pounds I imagine. Too many to stay IMO.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IM000170.jpg

randyrat
04-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Seperate and save that valuable soft lead for the BPor(smoke poles) guys. I get a little more $$ for soft lead compared to WW alloy(I'm reluctant to sell any). I'm finding its(soft lead) harder to come by. Besides you may want to get into BP or muzzle loading some day.

Ohio Rusty
04-21-2007, 10:30 AM
You never know if you might get the urge to buy a cap-n-ball pistol. Those will be perfect for any muzzleloader type firearm that uses soft lead. Definitely hang onto them as you may find a use for them in the future. My supply of pure lead roof flashing and lead house pipe has dried up, so I'm glad to get the stick on's when ever I'm able to get some wheel weights.
Ohio Rusty

jawjaboy
04-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Seperate and save that valuable soft lead for the BPor(smoke poles) guys. I get a little more $$ for soft lead compared to WW alloy(I'm reluctant to sell any). I'm finding its(soft lead) harder to come by. Besides you may want to get into BP or muzzle loading some day.

Not to worry Randy! It ain't a'going anywhere! I jes don't want it in my ww melt. :wink: