PDA

View Full Version : Glock Replacement Barrels

Gene Perryman
06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
I want to replace my G19 factory barrel with either a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake, has anyone done this and if so were the results good ??
I want to shoot mostly CB's
Thanks,
Gene

captaint
06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Gene - Can't say I even own a Glock, but I have read MANY times here that folks have used both Storm Lake and Lone Wolf barrels. Haven't heard one complaint either way. I think most of the guys that got the replacement barrels did so to shoot boolits. enjoy Mike

mtnman31
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I got a Bar-Sto from a member here to put into my G21 (.45 ACP) and it worked great. I have only a couple hundred rounds through it at this point but, so far so good. I know Bar-Sto's are a bit more expensive but I am very pleased with it. It was a semi-drop in and required a little work with a file and stone. I had it installed in under half an hour and I had no previous experience fitting a barrel to a Glock.

If I were interested in an extended/threaded barrel I'd definitely be looking at the Storm Lake and Lone Wolf offerings. They seem to have a pretty good selection. Now if I could just find a decent quality, affordable replacement barrel for HK USP, I'd be a happy guy!!

Sturmcrow
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I put a 6" Storm Lake in my G20 and never looked back. I bought it for the fully supported chamber, traditional boolit-friendly rifling, and extended length to make it legal for deer hunting in Iowa in case I ever had a chance. It has fed everything I put through it flawlessly (XTPs and RFP boolits, mostly).

BoolitBill
06-05-2012, 11:09 PM
I put a Lone Wolf barrel on my G-17. It dropped right in and shot cast as accurately as the original barrel shot jacketed. I know a lot of people say it is unnecessary to switch out the barrels but I had the funds and I have the peace of mind when I shoot it. It was worth it to me.

phonejack
06-06-2012, 07:06 AM
I put a LW in my g21. It has proved to be more accurate than the "stock" barrell w/ lead or jacketed.

curator
06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I have Lone Wolf barrels (9mm conversion and .40S&W) for my Glock 23. Both work better than the originals in terms of accuracy and lack of feeding issues. While I did shoot cast in the factory .40 barrel, I noticed considerable leading with any boolit I could get to chamber, regardless of hardness. I am very pleased with the Lone Wolf barrels.

Moondawg
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I put Storm Lake barrels in two glocks for USPSA/IPSC shooting, so I could use boolits, many thousand rounds through both with no problems what so ever. They were both drop ins, and both about as accurate as you are ever going to get from a basic Glock. One was 9mm and the other 40S&W.

garym1a2
06-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I use Storm lakes in my Glock22 in both 9mm and 40 Soft & Wimpy. Great results with boolits out of both of them. My results also stunk with the OEM barrel.

With my Glock 21SF it shoots boolits fine with the Glock barrel.

thegreatdane
06-07-2012, 09:22 AM
personally, I am a big KKM fan. I have several of them.