PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a video camera?

trooperdan
04-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Wife has given me the task of finding a good video camera this weekend; what do you guys like for under $400? She riding horses in competion (hunter/jumper) and wants something to film her trips. We are also planning a trip to AZ & NM next month and want to film the vacation.

Thanks guys

Scrounger
04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Wife has given me the task of finding a good video camera this weekend; what do you guys like for under $400? She riding horses in competion (hunter/jumper) and wants something to film her trips. We are also planning a trip to AZ & NM next month and want to film the vacation.

Thanks guys

Make sure it is digital so you can download your movies direct to your computer and make CDs. You use a lot of extra steps and equiptment for non digital video cameras.

Gunload Master
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I would look into one that writes directly to a DVD-R disc. They use to be quite expensive but I think they've dropped in price.

waksupi
04-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't know squat about video cameras. But, if she is riding hunter/jumper class, make darned sure she is wearing all the safety equipment, and anything else she can put on for protection. Dangerous sport.