PDA

View Full Version : Lee customer service

KCcactus
06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
My reloading press is an old 3 hole Lee turret press, with auto-index and an auto disk powder measure. I recently added their safety prime, with the riser that their website says you need to provide clearance for the powder measure. I had clearance problems from the beginning, but it really became a problem when I tried to load some 44 mag. I got so frustrated, I sent them an e-mail. I traded e-mails and was told since I have the older style powder measure, I needed to buy another part to get it to work. Or, I could return the riser for a refund. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but ordered the part from a distributor. It should be here shortly.

I got a surprise call from Lee today. The man who called saw my e-mails, which included a picture of my press. I mentioned that I had ordered the recommended part. He said they redesigned their dies about 20 years ago. My dies are the older ones and he didn't think the new part would make much difference. I laughed and told him I bought them in 1985. He said they will send me a new die body for the expander die and a part to update my crimp/seating die, too. WOW, that's incredible customer service. They are upgrading something I bought from them 27 years ago.

connecticut-yankee
06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I deal with Lee exclusively and everytime they have I've called them they have come through with flying colors. Alot more experienced casters may not care for Lee but for me they're the best.

jcwit
06-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I also have had excellent results from Lee customer service the one amd only time I needed it.

UNIQUEDOT
06-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I emailed about a part that i couldn't locate on their website so i asked for the order number for the part and i received a reply telling me not to bother looking for the part because he was just going to send me one free. Their customer service is fantastic now.

GT27
06-04-2012, 10:56 PM
IMHO,Customer service second to none,some inferior products at times( luck o' the draw) , Mary there,and I are on a first name basis,and recognize each others voices when we start speaking!!:bigsmyl2:More of a inconvenience than anything,but for those of us that can't afford at the time top shelf, they are a God send! GT27

abunaitoo
06-05-2012, 03:18 AM
I have not had the same results with Lee customer service.

I've been having a problem with my 7.5x54 MAS sizing die not sizing all the way down to the shoulder.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=152868
Sent them an email, with pictures. Got a reply with silly suggestions.
Sent them another email, and got more silly suggestions.
Never got an email reply.
Sent another email asking about the same problem.
Got a reply with more silly suggestions.
It's like their not even reading the email.
Then they asked for pictures when pictures are attached to the message.
I gave up.

Is Lee out sourcing their customer service emails to mexico?????

evan price
06-05-2012, 05:26 AM
I have NEVER had anything but the absolute BEST customer service from Lee on the few times I have had to use them. They have been great for me. Their presses may not be Dillons but they take care of their customers.

r1kk1
06-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I have not had the same results with Lee customer service.

I've been having a problem with my 7.5x54 MAS sizing die not sizing all the way down to the shoulder.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=152868

Just a suggestion, but send them the die and two fired cases. I cannot use the supplied lock ring on older dies and bullet sizing dies. I use a ram extension and this has helped me with my non Lee press and now I can use any lock ring I want. The latter solution may not help you.

I do quite a bit of buisness on the custom order side of their operation. They have done me good. I've had problems with production stuff in the past, I.e., bullet moulds. I don't care for their two year warranty.

Take care,

R1kk1

docone31
06-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I use nothing but Lee products.
My pot, progressive press, dies, molds. I had an issue with one, sent it back, they sent a new one. Issue fixed.
They get my vote every time.
with their molds, I soak them in mineral spirits, then do nothing but use them. Have done this for years.
They like to run hot.

mold maker
06-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I've had nothing but good luck with LEE stuff and service. The only time I questioned a tool, they gladly replaced it free.
We're extremely lucky to have suppliers that stand behind what they sell.
I have only had one bad experience with a reloading tool mfg. It may have been the exception with that Co, so I wont name them.

r1kk1
06-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I use nothing but Lee products.
My pot, progressive press, dies, molds. I had an issue with one, sent it back, they sent a new one. Issue fixed.
They get my vote every time.
with their molds, I soak them in mineral spirits, then do nothing but use them. Have done this for years.
They like to run hot.

Different colors of manufacturers are on my bench. Lee doesn't make things I need for some of the stuff I shoot even on the custom order side. No case trimmer for the 204 Ruger, or the .17s. I use cast iron pots and a thermometer to cast from. I had a 105 SWC mould that dropped bullets up to three grains difference from the lightest cavity to the heaviest. Fixed it easily enough. Their custom order moulds have been spot on for me.

Shotgun is very limited so I use another manufacturer. LsStuff has Alox in the quart, gallon, drum sizes that are cheaper in the long run than Lee (ounce per ounce cost).

Every manufacturer has stuff that is either unique to them. Lee makes bullet sizers. I don't use Alox. I lube in other methods. Ponsness Warren, Vickerman and others make unique bullet seating dies, etc.

Some of Lee's custom order stuff cost more than other manufacturers.

Not picking on you brother.

r1kk1

dragon813gt
06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Only time I had an issue they promptly sent out a replacement part free of charge. I do use many brands but I try to buy Lee first based on cost most of the time. Typically companies that offer "value priced" products don't have any customer service. Lee is definitely an exception to this.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

UNIQUEDOT
06-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I have only had one bad experience with a reloading tool mfg. It may have been the exception with that Co, so I wont name them.

It's okay to name them... i too had a bad experience with Lyman :mrgreen: I swore i wouldn't buy anything else from them...but hey then again it's Lyman so i continue to buy and use their products as without Lyman the other companies wouldn't have known where to start.

Bill*
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
+1 on Lee customer service!
I called them once to order a few parts because I added a mechanical counter to a pro 1000 and had to change the powder dump chain and arm spring. They just shipped 'em @ N/C

Mike Kerr
06-09-2012, 07:50 PM
It is good to hear of positive customer service reviews of the reloading industry. Helps the industry as a whole and balances out customer gripes which tend to stick in our minds.

regards,

:smile::smile::smile:

kbstenberg
06-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I also use Lee stuff. But one point i needed to find out something. I couldn't reach anyone by phone for 2 days and then just quit.