PDA

View Full Version : Not my series 80 gold cup!!!!!!!

x101airborne
06-04-2012, 09:16 AM
That was my response in my head when my wife told me the other day that while I was on the tractor working and sweating like a share-cropper, she took my stainless series 80 gold cup for a walk. No biggie. She takes whatever is loaded out of my truck all the time and I would rather her take and drop my python or kimber team match II than go unarmed and need a gun. Well, she ran out two mags of Remington Golden Saber wich still wasnt the end of the tale. The fron site came out of the slide. She found the site, but I was thinking of either having it soldered in or maybe upgrading to a tritium or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions not only on what site to get, but the best way to put it in place securely?

I know why this happened. And I dont fault my wife any at all. At least she has interest in shooting, no matter the cost. I just want to fix it right.

subsonic
06-04-2012, 10:00 AM
My pal had the same problem on a regular Delta Elite. I think he JB'd it, but I don't suggest that. Probably silver solder or pay to have it dovetailed if possible?

square butte
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Lock Tite

deepwater
06-04-2012, 10:35 AM
RED Locktite.
Clean everything, no oil on surfaces.

MtGun44
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
If this is the standard tenon type of mount, a properly done "normal" installation will hold it
forever. I have never had one of my front sight installations come off.

If you can't find someone to do it properly locally, I can do the installation for $35 plus
parts and return shipping costs. I did a very early 1911 for a member here and I think he
was pleased. It was a different design from even normal "early" 1911s (meaning pre-1911A1)
and I had not seen that particular variant before.

If you are interested, PM me.

Bill

captaint
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I did a front sight on a commander years ago for a neighbor. IIRC, it had a little "shaft" that had to be peened into the slide to be secured. Just my .02. enjoy Mike