PDA

View Full Version : Boolit casters in Louisville Ky area?

dsol
06-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I am just getting started casting. Been to several gunshows over the last 6 to 8 months looking for sombody at a table selling used casting equipment. I have just about had it with gunshows, only people there anymore are dealers. The old guy selling off his accumulation of gun stuff at a table has been priced out of gunshows anymore. That and the internet I guess.

I could buy that stuff on the net, but I would like a chance to look at some of the older molds personally, touchem smellem tastem kinda thing. Ask the original owner questions about how they dropped, how they shot, best alloy to use with a particular one ect. I am just getting started casting and dont know enough to buy some things blind over the internet.

Anyway, is there anyone in the Louisville Ky area that would like to take someone under their wing for a few hours, show him different molds, talk about best ways to smelt, cast, pour, lube, mix alloys, ect... ? I can (and have) read a ton on here, but I learn best by getting my hands dirty. Or at least smudged a little.