PDA

View Full Version : 337ti front sight/jerk at S&W

subsonic
05-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I called S&W to inquire about a shorter front sight for my 337TI that shoots about 10" low at 25yds. This is the gun that took out my chronograph....

Anyway, called them up and a guy in customer service told me my gun had a .112" front sight based on the serial number I gave. I had the calipers on it and it clearly measured .150" (which would make sense, cause I need about .040" shorter). He told me there was no way it could be .150" and I was measuring it wrong! Pretty bold statement to a customer! So I asked what do I have to do to get a sight-> $25 I was obviously reluctant to buy his sight.

A far cry from the customer service at Ruger. They sent me a sight blade for my son's SBH for free when it shot low and are friendly on the phone. They also sent me 2 mags for my MKII when I first got it because it was jamming - gratis. And have helped me with other things in the past.

Guess I should not have expected the same treatment from S&W :groner:

Anybody know where I can get a .112" or so front sight (not fiber optic) for my 337TI? It's a pin-in type. I guess I could file down the existing sight, but would at least like a spare in case I screw it up.

armed_partisan
05-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, instead of buying a new sight, you could just load your rounds a bit hotter. More recoil means the gun will hit higher. You could try MidwayUSA, Midsouth Shooter Supply, Dillon Precision, Cylinder and Slide, XS Sight systems or many, many others. I'd do a search for what you're looking for and see what you like. There's tons of options out there these days.

Bodydoc447
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Try Brownells, too. They often have small parts like that.

www.brownells.com

Doc

paul h
05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.simsupply.com/images/Product/medium/11659.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to take of 0.040" and touch it up with a black sharpy.

ebner glocken
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I would try calling again. Perhaps you got ahold of an ******* on a bad day. Might get ahold of someone different by calling again. I called magnum reasearch on a similar deal, it shot extreamly high. They sent me a new front sight for free and was great about the whole deal.

Ebner

cabezaverde
05-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Well, instead of buying a new sight, you could just load your rounds a bit hotter. More recoil means the gun will hit higher. You could try MidwayUSA, Midsouth Shooter Supply, Dillon Precision, Cylinder and Slide, XS Sight systems or many, many others. I'd do a search for what you're looking for and see what you like. There's tons of options out there these days.

Hotter loads will shoot lower. Less barrel time.

subsonic
05-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Hotter loads will shoot lower. Less barrel time.

Right. I'd need to shoot something like a standard pressure .38spl load with a 180gr or heavier boolit to get it to hit POA. Which would be moving about 600fps from this barrel length. Not what I want to shoot.

subsonic
05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Found this:

"#213610000 .149 black serrated ramp

#228940000 .149 ramp w/red ramp insert

for a shorter sight:
#229480000 .112 black serrated ramp w/rr insert

#229350000 .112 black serrated ramp"

On the S&W forums.

subsonic
05-30-2012, 05:25 PM
And this:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/other/RevPartsList_Retail.pdf

TXBRILL
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
I had a similiar problem I wrote a email to the president of the company and the problem got rectified the same day. I am not in any way defending their crummy customer service but if you don't tell the "Boss" how can they solve the problem.

2 dogs
06-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Dennis, tap out the front sight pin and send it to me. I will get Ray to trim it for you in his mill.

subsonic
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM
I actually got them to take my order when I called back. Total, with an escutcheon and screw for an N frame as well was under $25. Dont' know who I got the first time, but the second time the guy was a little nicer and took my money (and charged less).

Thanks for the offer Fermin![smilie=s:

Let me know when you get set up to make pin-in blades for stainless blackhawks.

I got one from Ruger in the mean time, but would like a couple of snazzier ones for later. Maybe you can get a group buy going on some patridge blades with gold bars?

gwpercle
06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I would try calling again. Perhaps you got ahold of an ******* on a bad day. Might get ahold of someone different by calling again. I called magnum reasearch on a similar deal, it shot extreamly high. They sent me a new front sight for free and was great about the whole deal.

Ebner

Call back and if the person you speak to this time gives you the same treatment demand to speak to his boss. Everybody has a boss. I had same problem with customer service at Midway... but you start going up the chain of command and you will find someone who cares about customer satisfaction and repeat business.

Boss gets too many complaints and guy who first spoke to you will be getting an attitude adjustment or look for new job.

There is absoultly no reason for him not to send you a new sight ... it don't come out of his pocket and bad public relations is not good in day of internet and sites like this.
Word gets around about poor customer service and it will affects sales.

gary