PDA

View Full Version : 93 mauser question

lreed
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Hello: I have a 93 mauser that I've been tinkering with and have a question. When the bolt is retracted, with the safety on, the bolt sleave is far too easy to rotate too far left, anything more than a slight touch will cause this. the old rifle operates and shoots cast bullets very well, Is there a remedy for this or just the nature of the beast? Thanks LReed

Scrounger
04-19-2007, 12:25 AM
I think all the pre-98s are like that, that is the way the bolt is disassembled. Solution? Put safety in "on" position before removing bolt. Or did I mis-understand the question?

lreed
04-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Scrounger; The bolt sleave over rotates only when the stiker is cocked and the saftey is engaged and the bolt retracted. This is a minor aggrevation, may be just nature for 93 actions, Thanks LReed

Larry Gibson
04-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Scrounger; The bolt sleave over rotates only when the stiker is cocked and the saftey is engaged and the bolt retracted. This is a minor aggrevation, may be just nature for 93 actions, Thanks LReed

That is the way most will work. The bolt was intended to be worked with the safety off. With the safety on it was intended to take the bolt down. When soldiers found they were safer unloading the rifles with the safety on this was corrected in the following models. Mauser did not just sit down and dream the M98 up. It was the culmination of developments made from earlier actions. The correction for the "fault" you've found was just one of those "improvements" yet to be made.

Larry Gibson