PDA

View Full Version : stoeger clay killer

makicjf
05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I took my stoeger coach gun to my buddies to try and cream some clays saturday. I really did not expect to be able to hit much beyond 20 yards... It was dusting them with regularity out beyond 40! I was amazed. Is this normal for these little thumpers? If I ran rifled slugs though it do ya'll think it would open the choke? If so I will refrain from shooting rifled slugs through it. It shoots 00 buck really tight as well. That would be one heck of a brush country hog gun (with either slugs or buckshot)
Jason

Defcon-One
05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
I've done it! Kicks like a bear though. No rifled slug is going to hurt (open up) the choke on your Stoeger. They use good steel. It is a solid gun.

Some have screw in chokes, sounds like you don't.

Mine was a nickle plated fixed choke 12 ga. Sold it though. Not sure, but it seemed to be Imp Cyl and Mod.

rond
05-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Well a skeet choke doesn't have much constriction and a lot of clays are busted by guns with that choke. Also, plastic wads tend to pattern tighter than the old loose shot loads. Choke restrictions were set up before plastic wads so a lot of guns shoot tighter than their choke would indicate.