PDA

View Full Version : Wax 2

Boz330
04-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Anybody have any idea of what this mold might be? It is on e-bay but no caliber listed.
Thanks
Bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-NICE-VINTAGE-BULLET-MOLD-WAX-2_W0QQitemZ320104880938QQihZ011QQcategoryZ71118QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buckshot
04-19-2007, 02:36 AM
.............The WAX may just be the guys name. With intregal handles the mould would be old, and the font of the number '2' looks old. Don't know why anyone would want to fake an old mould from an unknown. Now if it had Winchester stamped on it :-)

I looks like a nice old nose pour mould. The boolit is a PB and may or maynot be tapered. I'm thinking that this might be a mould make for some rifle possibly BY the riflemaker. The heyday of schuetzen shooting here in the U.S. pretty much ended with the villification of the Germans during WW1, and the mould looks like it would be from that era and for that type shooting.

Doesn't give a diameter let alone a caliber but bidding is up to $76. SOMEONE thinks they need it, ha!

.................Buckshot

Glen
04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
WAX is the label on the port for lubricating the joint with beeswax. That looks suspicously like a Pope .32 caliber mould (or maybe a Zischang), and if it is, the bidding will sky-rocket. It wouldn't surprise me to see that one sell for upwards of $300.

Boz330
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys, A buddy of mine was looking for just that (Schuetzen) but not for that much money.

Bob