PDA

View Full Version : Star sizer dies in a Rockchucker

tudor8055
05-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Sometimes for whatever reason I want to size Lee style. I have several Lee sizer kits that I use in my Rockchucker. Problem is sometimes I need a size not standard to Lee. I could do this in my star without pumping lube but that would mean changing dies in my star.
I have a hand full of star dies I bought from Lathsmith. I took a .359 and held it upside down in my rockchucker and slipped a tight o-ring over the end sticking out of the top of the rockchucker. I pushed the o-ring down until it fell between the die recess and the top threads of the press. I installed a Lee punch from a .358 sizer in the ram and raised it, it lined up perfect.
Nose first sizing using a Lathsmith die in a single stage reloading press. In this case What I was looking to do was size nose first but wanted a different size and lube than what was in my Star. I sized to .359 with a Star die in my rockchucker and then lubed in my Lyman 45 with a .359 die.

ReloaderFred
05-28-2012, 10:34 PM
What I did was cut off a plastic 12 gauge shotgun shell and use the plastic portion to slip over the Star sizing die. Then I pushed it up into the threads of the Rockchucker from the bottom and used the push rod from a Lee sizing die to push the bullets up through the die. The plastic walls of the shotshell provided protection to the threads of the press, centered the die in the threaded press bushing, and had enough tension to hold it in place.

Hope this helps.

Fred